Sisters fighting

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Jo Foley, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Jo Foley

Jo Foley Registered Users

I have just joined this forum as would like some advice regarding my two labradors.

I have a golden Labrador and a chocolate Labrador. They are sisters and are almost 17 months old. Yesterday they got into a vicious fight, where I had to separate them and today they both went for each other but this time I was between them so it didn't get as vicious as yesterday. They are due to come into season soon for the second time and will be spayed once this season finishes.

Could this be the reason for the change in their behaviour or does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello , and welcome ! I think you have answered your own question , hormones are raging ! The most potentially problematical mix of two dogs together , is two bitches , having said that, it can and does work out just fine for many , and thankfully, Labradors are usually placid dogs who mix well . I reckon things will settle down once they are both spayed , am so pleased that you`re having them both spayed as one not spayed could potentially become a little dominant , so much luck , not long to wait now ! I`ve had three bitches together and all fine , once the hormone surges were done and dusted !

3. Jo Foley

Jo Foley Registered Users

Thank you so much for your reply. I did think that might be why but as I've never had dogs before, just wanted to make sure. I've actually got them booked in to the vet now to be spayed, if they're not too close to being in season.

kateincornwall likes this.