Sleeping and biting!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Noleen, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Noleen

Noleen Registered Users

My 3 month old red lab is tres difficule at 4 am especially. He wakes up every morning at this time and wants to play for an hour. If he doesn't get attention he barks and whines. I live in an apartment block, so letting him 'cry it out' isn't an option unfortunately. For peace sake I have been playing with him but I know I'm creating bad habits! His routine is also out of whack because we have visitors staying with us- thus leading to, not sleeping in his crate at night, delayed house training etc.
    Also what methods does everyone use for biting and nipping. He is particularly interested in my hands! More aggressive than puppy playing so I want to nip this in the bud ASAP!!
    Thanks!

2. Millieboo

Millieboo Registered Users

When I got Millie she was 12 weeks and right off from the start I let her mouth my fingers, but if she did it too hard I made a face that it hurt and said in high pitch ouch. It made her back off and then she tried again, repeat and now she don't bite us at all and if she plays and accidentally nibble me she backs off and looks at me if I'm gonna say anything. She do try to nibble visitors which we are now working hard on, she's just 5months though and soooo excited to meet new people.

For the other question I don't really know, u do make a bad habit since she knows you will come if she make noise. Did you try leave her with some chew bone at night and a rope or something else very sturdy?
    Even a frozen carrot can do the trick. When do you put her to bed?