Small Black Dog gets Spooked ....

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Jan 3, 2013.

1. David

David Registered Users

By the oddest things! Guns right next her and I mean right in her ear- not a flicker. Beaters flags flapping - not a flicker. Fireworks - not a flicker. Picking up a flapping pheasant - no problem. But small child laughing as she plays with her two Jack Russels in the field and she freezes then takes off away from her, tail between legs. Wierd or what?

And again this morning moving sheep into the yard. In a flock in the field no probs even if she is off the lead and in amongst them she'll quite happily have a wee with a circle of sheep looking at her. But on the lead and flock moving nice and sedately down the lane in front of us with us walking behind and she's just not a happy bunny.

So please work that one out for me! :eek:

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Small Black Dog gets Spooked ....

Sorry David , I cant work it out either ::) Sam has no fear of gunshot or fireworks either , but yesterday a cement mixer was a big bad enemy and had to be passed on the other side of the road :)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: Small Black Dog gets Spooked ....

I had something a bit similar last year. An orange bird-scarer appeared at the edge of a field we walk past. She barked madly at it - not usually prone to barking - for the first 2 walks, then completely ignored it after that.
    It never went off when we were near it (thankfully).
    I guess its just a case of the wrong thing in the wrong place.

jac