So Aramis might need an op .

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Katjush, May 18, 2017.

1. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Thanks guys . I'm still a little bothered by not having a poo since last night, so may call the vets later just to check. Other than that he is doing really well, each time I've been barked at today or bit, I've kind of done a little happy dance which kind of ruins the last few weeks of trying to not get him to bite . But, time for all that again when he's healthy.

2. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Quick update : vet called to check on him and to try fit us in Monday bcos the receptionist was struggling to find a slot for just a post op check as he would have finished his antibiotics that morning, so rather than calling later I mentioned he hadn't been to poo since last night, so now she's booked him in for 2pm tomorrow with the option of me bringing him in sooner bcos she is worried it might have slipped back... :(

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh that's good the vet called to check up.....really hope the little lad is OK though...:hug::hug:

4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Oh no, I do hope not. He seems bright enough in himself though you say, fingers crossed. He looks such a dear little chap.

5. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Yh he is bright, showing none of the signs that really made me panic so much before. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that it is just his gut being a bit tender and having the six small meals rather than his usual is just moving slowly . But, like she said better safe than sorry.
    Yh I can't fault my vets, they are the more expensive than most by me, and I've been told I'm mad to pay their prices (milo is classed as uninsurable bcos of health problems) , but you cannot fault their seemingly genuine care, and how nothing is ever too much trouble to them.

6. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Fingers crossed everything's OK! It's better to be safe than sorry though. He really is a lovely little lad xx

7. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

I am trying to not let despair get hold of me so I'm just going to keep reminding myself how much brighter he is now compared to Wednesday and Thursday. He is lovely, a holy horror like all pups that I've read on here about, but when he isn't he's such a clever loving little lad, so charming too, and desperate to please you.

8. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Glad your vet is keeping a close eye. Fingers crossed that all is well now.

9. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

I have always found that Axel would take at least 24 hours to go poop after being on iv fluids at the vet, even after his neuter. So hopefully all is fine, being that he is bright I would say that's a very positive sign.

10. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

I have everything crossed.
    Really, Did he go at all after you had brought him home? Aramis went immediately once we got out the car , a bit loose but nothing to worry about, then again an hour or so later after he had eaten a small meal of chicken and rice , but nothing whatsoever since then. I have been wondering if it could be the change in meal patterns, from 3 meals a day to six smaller ones as I was instructed to do.

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Just been reading through this thread - what a worry for you.
    Things seem quite positive though.

Lilly struggled to poop after both her spay op and a biopsy on her leg.
    Tramadol is very constipating, so it could just be that, but your vet is wise to be cautions given the nature of the op.
    Was the condition Aramis had called Intussusception?

jac

Stacia likes this.
  12. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Had to google because I am absolutely rubbish with remembering terms , but from what I just read that is what the vet described. It does make more sense too as we have recently treated Aramis for Giardia and a stomach infection so he does fit the criteria. He's had two doses of tramadol , last one this morning so that is very interesting thanks . Oh god I do hope it is the tramadol then, I will mention that at the vets tomorrow. I just had to change his little jacket, and he tried to shred my hands so he is definitely not in the state he was Wednesday night. Thank you for that!!!

kateincornwall and drjs@5 like this.
  13. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Such a worry...hopefully it's just the meds. Keep us posted!

Katjush likes this.
  14. Granca

Granca Registered Users

It seems positive that he's bright in himself, so I hope all is well. Your vet sounds excellent, so you can feel confident that Aramis is in good hands.

Katjush likes this.
  15. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

I'm sitting here willing Aramis to do a nice solid normal poop for you.

Granca and Katjush like this.
  16. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

We have a poo ladies and gentlemen :D Solid , nice colour , very stinky , some mucas but still a poo!!!!! Collected for his 3day sample , and now when we go for his check today i don't have to worry so much :) ( I can't believe I'm so happy over a piece of dog poo but if you could see the smile on my face you'd think I'd won the Lottery)

Xena Dog Princess, MF, Karen and 15 others like this.
  17. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Good lad, Aramis.

We all appreciate a good poo on this forum :D

MF and SwampDonkey like this.
  18. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Excellent work, Aramis!!!

19. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

How bad is it that I even rang my oh , woke him up , and cried ? lol I am just so relieved .

20. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

Good boy! We are all very proud of you, Aramis! Now don't give your mum any more worries and get better quickly.

Katjush likes this.