So Aramis might need an op .

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Katjush, May 18, 2017.

1. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Ahh thanks ! We had another one today , so I think it's just his gut working a bit slow bless him , but he still got a squeal of joy this morning for his efforts !

MF, Beanwood, Granca and 5 others like this.
  2. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

Just read your story.....what a worry!

I happened to have the same with Euan. The vet made a certain photo and saw an intussusception. The vet, not our own, wanted to operate him. I let her sent the photo to my oh while he is a gastroenterologist......he confirmed the diagnosis. During the op she couldn't find it....so she closed him up. He stayed at the vets for 4 days. When he came home he was still in pain. He also got tramadol and was a bit stoned...slept a lot. Euan was 6 years old and didn't have giardiasis....
    Euan never had problems again with his tummy!!
    He lived until he was 10 years old. He died of back problem, not his tummy!

I hope he will continue to recover uneventful! Fingers crossed and thinking of you!

Katjush likes this.
  3. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Aw bless him, he's adorable and to have gone through all that he's a lil' star :star: hugs all round xx

Katjush likes this.
  4. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Aww that's reassuring to hear a success story. I wouldn't mind if Aramis slept a lot, but he hasn't today. I don't think he's in pain, more frustrated at being confined. I'm lucky I work from home so he's been able to come out, and sit on my lap, but he seems to be wanting to play, and I'm so scared he's going to damage something the way he's trying to bounce around.
    Thank you.

5. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

MF and Katjush like this.
  6. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Good to hear that Aramis is recovering well

Katjush likes this.
  7. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

So this morning Aramis was my alarm clock by retching, and then vomiting . Just waiting on a call back from the vets , but god this puppy seems to enjoy putting me through the ringer

8. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Katjush, what a worry, will anxiously waiting for news.

9. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

So sorry for your ongoing worry, please let us know what the Vet says , I do so feel for you x

10. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Aah @Katjush this isn't nice. Feel for you and Aramis. Hope you haven't had to wait long for the vet to call you.

11. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

I'm still waiting :( they were doing change over when I called so I'm hoping I will hear soon. He seems ok, he ate his breakfast with gusto , just seems to be one thing after another just when you think you are in the clear .

12. MF

MF Registered Users

So sorry to hear. Hopefully it will all clear up. We went through a vomit phase with our boy. Not related to his gut. Probably was epilepsy related. But it felt like it would never end. And then it did. I hope poor little Aramis gets 100% well very soon.

13. kateincornwall

Hoping you have had some reassuring news by now ?

14. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Thanks guys , Well not sure about reassuring it's more a case of wait and see they said really. He hasn't vomited again, if he does we have to take him in, but what I have found reassuring is he's eating/drinking and he did a normal poo at the exact same time he has the last two days (obvs a boy who likes his routine) I've been worried about heat so left his coat off as he has no interest whatsoever in his incision . It seems to be his two patches on his legs that annoy him more , but it is working wonders for the "leave" training we were introducing before he got poorly . I think it's just all catching up with me :(

Granca, drjs@5, Karen and 2 others like this.
  15. kateincornwall

@Katjush Its bound to be taking a toll on you , I really can empathise . My boy had cancer surgery last year , I was so strong at the time, but went to pieces afterwards . It sounds like he is doing really well , its early days but he seems to be recovering well , considering the invasive surgery he has had, and just a baby , bless him x

Katjush likes this.
  16. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I nearly had a nervous breakdown when my 14 week Lab broke his elbow and had to be in a cage for a month, then a small room, only allowed to poo and pee on the lead when he needed. I was terrified the screw and two pins would come out and we would have to go all through it again, is I do understand how you feel @Katjush. I am so pleased to read though that this morning he is now worse and fingers crossed for a good day.

Katjush likes this.
  17. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Oh bless you - hope that Aramis is OK and no more vomiting x

Katjush likes this.
  18. Katjush

Katjush Registered Users

Thanks guys , it's nice to know I'm not alone or going mad :confused:!!!! Well we had some results back, the Giardia is still present: the vet said if he was healthy he would have been tempted to see if given a little more time it would clear on its own as he has known it to do after treatment, but with Aramis we can't risk it. Still waiting for the results about his stomach infection, but we are booked in tomorrow for his last post op so will prob get them then . He's a bit quiet today , but after yesterday seemed to consist of nothing but trying to destroy his crate, and everything in it, and being a complete monster for the periods I let him out to cuddle/toilet i am not too surprised . I think this has set us back a bit in the crate training as he seems to resent it , but can't blame the poor thing. Still along as all goes well tomorrow he only has a few more days of confinement.

Samantha Jones and MF like this.
  19. MF

MF Registered Users

Poor you and Aramis. Thankfully our dogs are so forgiving and in no time he'll forget he had been confined against his will and hopefully all the positive crate training aspects will resurface. I hope all goes well at his last post op.

20. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Aw poor wee pup. Have you given him frozen/stuffed kongs of his chicken and rice to try and keep him busy? At his age that would keep Axel busy for an hour