So we got ourselves 8 Weeks Old Lab Puppy (Sherlock)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Usman, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Usman

Usman Registered Users

Hello Again,

Some of you may remember my last thread last year when we adopted an eight weeks old Lab and returned him. https://thelabradorforum.com/threads/8-weeks-old-lab-1st-week-at-home-and-i-am-done.29232/page-2

Well, we decided to adopt again after searching and trying out luck finding older dogs we can settle at home with our cat. Finally, after a lot of celebration and planning, we decided to contact a respected breeder and get ourselves a puppy again. We got Sherlock on Valentine’s Day 14.02 as he was almost 9 weeks old and he is a joy since day 1. We had just 2 proper accidents at home before he got hang of the idea and in the last 5 days, there was none he runs to the door and scratches it whenever he wants to go potty. We introduced him to the cat nicely and give him a lot of love and treats when he behaves around the cat nicely, now whenever he sees the cat coming he sits down and looks at us (asking for a treat well-earned treat I must say). He sleeps in his crate from 9-7 for the first 2 weeks we had to take him out during the night once for potty since last week he is sleeping overnight and goes first thing in the morning.

Yes he runs a lot chew on everything, shoes, clothes, curtains, toilet paper anything he gets hold of is in danger, but who cares he is growing fast.

I waited 3 weeks before I post it here so I can share the good news as members here were extremely helpful and supportive when I had the mental breakdown after the puppy we got.

More updates in the coming weeks and months.

Cheers & Thanks

Deboragh likes this.
  2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Usman!

It's lovely to have you back! I'm so happy to read that things have turned out well for you and your family.

I hope that you and Sherlock enjoy many happy years together :)

3. Usman

Usman Registered Users