Some questions

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by First timer, Jan 23, 2016.

1. First timer

First timer Registered Users

I do 2 drop offs and 2 pick ups per day. I plan to take her occasionally but she weighs 6 kilos and I struggle to hold her for that long while standing (plus she doesn't really like being held like this. Cuddles while sitting are another matter ) .
    I've been taking her to other people's houses etc. We've taken her to the train station. And we have had 20 or so under 5 kids visit us over the past 2 weeks. School holidays finish in a few days so it hadn't been relevant yet.
    When she can go on the ground she can come to school everyday- can't wait!

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I don't know any dogs at all which are kept outside - and I know a lot of dogs! Like JulieT I don't let mine in the garden without me either, both will have a good dig if I don't watch them!

:)

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I have a pup every year (I raise guide dog puppies) and they have to be carried out 3 times a day until 13 weeks old. Once they get heavy I use a baby sling, they do really well in there and it stops wriggly bums :)

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Oh yeah, that's the other reason. He chews up the irrigation system! :D

5. First timer

First timer Registered Users

It is very cultural to do with Aus. UK based people would probably be shocked at how it can be harder to take your dogs everywhere in Australia. Accommodation is trickier, less dog friendly businesses. Harder to have a dog if you are renting (we aren't but has been a huge issue for friends).
    For school pick up, I can't actually take puppy in the school grounds which adds to the difficulty.
    We were in UK recently and can assure you the difference is noticeable.
    We know loads of people that have dogs here in Aus, walk them regularly but never take them anywhere else. Whereas in UK dogs seemed to go everywhere with their owners.
    Of course there are exceptions and I'm lucky to know one or 2 so they can sympathize!