Sores on pads

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Saffy/isla, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi can anyone help, Isla had a sore,red wound on her back right paw pad. She was worrying at the paw consistently one day and when i investigated i found the wound,i took her to the vet who said she must have scraped or injured it somehow and gave us hibiscus to clean twice a day,it's healing slowly.

This morning on our walk she kept stopping and holding her back left leg off the floor,when i checked it i found another wound the same as the one on her back right pad!

These both have appeared suddenly. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and suggestions on how to help Isla. Thanks

2. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

Poor Isla, that sounds horrible! I've not had any experience of this, but I really hope she's feeling better soon :(

Saffy/isla likes this.
  3. Christina2807

Christina2807 Registered Users

Sorry to hear Isla is in pain! :(

We have never experienced this, the only thing I can think of is chemicals on the ground and she has stepped in it but seems strange to be on both back paws.

I had a quick google and found a list of 15 common reasons.

https://doggydreamteam.co.uk/dog-health-care/sore-paws-in-dogs/

4. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Oh dear poor thing. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon. Sounds like something she is walking on/in. Or is she chewing her feet when you aren’t around?

5. Saffy/isla

Hi Christina,thank you for that,i read that link and I'm wondering if it's an allergy or maybe to many pavement walks. Isla is in season so I am not taking her to the park where there are to many dogs and therefore she's not walking on soft surfaces. I'm going to get her some antiseptic spray and doggie boots( don't know what she'll think about that!)and hope they'll heal

SianMJ and Christina2807 like this.
  6. Saffy/isla

Hi,I'm wondering if it may be walking her on pavements as I'm having to do that at the moment as she's in season. I'm going to try antiseptic spray and doggie boots! Wish me luck! Lol

7. Christina2807

Christina2807 Registered Users

Hope that works and she is okay with the boots.

8. J.D

J.D Registered Users

I would need more than luck with that!
    Pavements might be the answer if she is used to walking on softer ground. We have to do some pavement walking to keep Toby’s nails short.Cutting them is impossible!