'Sounds Scary' resources now available free from DogsTrust

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Merla, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Merla

Merla Registered Users

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere - moderators please delete this if so: Members might be already aware of the 'Sounds Scary' audio tracks of fireworks, gunshot etc which can be used to acclimatise puppies to loud noises, or in a therapy programme to help dogs who already have anxiety about loud noises.

The package is now available to download free from DogsTrust, as well as additional resources 'Sounds Sociable' and 'Sounds Calming'. Definitely worth a look prior to the firework season for those with new puppies.

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/help-advice/dog-behaviour-health/sound-therapy-for-pets

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Sounds like a good idea Kath. I haven't seen it elsewhere but I haven't been on a lot lately.
    Thanks for the link.

3. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Had a look at the link, thinking "bet there's no bins" BUT yes there is. What a comprehensive selection. I wish there was a way of saving the link quickly to 'My favourites' on the site. Haven't tried any yet as she's sleeping ...:)

4. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Thanks Kath for the link very useful and I will pass it on to my cousin. Her dog Harry is not a puppy but as he's got older he's got more and more nervous of noises especially bangs and fireworks. He escaped a couple of years ago when some particularly loud fireworks were going off two weeks after bonfire night :(. We searched for hours in the dark and rain. He turned up at home at 1am.

5. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

I'll give it a go. Homer was fine with loud noises when he wns younger but from about two years old he's become increasingly noise shy.

6. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

Oh that's really helpful! Maisie has become a right scaredy cat since Murphy died so these will be really useful. Thanks :)