Spooked

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by jade805, Dec 2, 2013.

1. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

HELP! Amy has become scared of the TV and won't come into the living room. (weather its on or off). How can we get her back with us? She spent most off the weekend in her create by herself. :'(. We heard her running and barking on Saturday morning and its since then she has been hiding.

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Spooked

Jade hello! How are you,been a while since we've heard from you,hope everyone is well x
    Have you any idea what made her bark?could it have been something outside the window of your tv room and now she associating a fright with that room?
    I can only advise slow exposure back to the room with lots of treats and praise.....can you put some of her favourite toys in the room so she can see them,maybe feed her in that room?...
    I don't know I'm not much help am I?Dexter has decided in the last few weeks out of the blue that he doesn't like having his feet washed off with the hose when we get home in the morning..... ears are back,feet dug in resisting me,I have to switch the hose on really gently and lure him towards me,literally a treat a step.....if one of his pals are there though having their feet washed he is right in there .....I don't understand them at all sometimes......but it's a shame your missing family time all in the same room.ill be interested to hear what the others say x

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

O, bless her! I think Angela is right, you've just got to encourage them to see whatever spooked them is not as scary as they thought.

Charlie knocked the BBQ over yesterday. It went down with an awful clang! He's not so keen on it now. Which I'm not sure I'll do much about. When it's hot and alight in the summer, I'll be quite pleased he wants to stay away from it.

4. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

good to hear from you jade,...hope you are all keeping well :)......how are the lovely boys ?
    sorry i cant be of any help, i would take angelas advice :)

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Jade! Nice to hear from you!
    Sorry Amy is having problems.
    I would go with Angela's suggestions too.
    Hope you and the family are well xx

6. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

Yes, slowly, slowly... and with lots of treats. If you are REALLY struggling to get her in there at all, you could try covering the television with a blanket? Maybe even so there is something else under there too so it's a slightly different shape?? And then go for a very slow reveal, a little bit at a time. You've not got one of the Samsung models that are prone to turning themselves suddenly on and off, have you?? We did have for a while... it's just so strange to work out what spooked her originally.
    Clare

7. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Thank you everyone. We are all well.

We don't know what she was watching but its definitely the TV. Will come in when its off, but when its on will look at it and bolt! That C beebies scares me sometimes!!

8. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=jade805 link=topic=3518.msg38827#msg38827 date=1385980307]
    Thank you everyone. We are all well.

We don't know what she was watching but its definitely the TV. Will come in when its off, but when its on will look at it and bolt! That C beebies scares me sometimes!!
    [/quote]

I have issues with CBeebies too but sadly Lizzie loves it!!

Hope she gets over her TV fear, good luck :)