Sprained Knee

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Megan H, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Megan H

Megan H Registered Users

Hello all, this past weekend my 21 week old puppy started to limp then eventual wasn't putting any weight on her rear right leg. We took her to the vet and the vet diagnostics it as a sprained knee. She gave us carprofen, an noninflammatory and pain med. We believe this medicine is giving her explosive diarrhea. She hurt her leg on Friday night and started to give her the meds on Saturday night. The past two nights she has woken up in the middle of the night barking and when we let her out she jets to the back yard. We have been trying to keep her off of her leg as much as possible.

Am I expecting too much to see improvement on that leg only a couple of days since it happened?? Also should we stop giving her the med? Having the diarrhea can not be comfortable. The vet had offered to give us some sedatives but we declined, but should I consider that? I feel so bad for her and just want to do the best for her to get healthy as soon as possible. She had a little accident this morning and yesterday afternoon in her crate. We don't crate her much only at night and when we leave the house for a couple of hours.