Starting my search again.....

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by TJB08, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh she is gorgeous! I know of Di, and understand somewhat her feelings towards the KC assured breeders scheme, I wouldn't worry one jot about that. A Suedey girl, how lovely! :) So pleased you have a positive outcome.

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

How lovely!

Well, I personally wouldn't worry about a contract of sale - I'd never try to enforce one in court so it's all about what the breeder is prepared to do if there is a problem anyway - but if you ever think you are going to need one, and you did say you pointed to a clause last time, then by all means ask for one. They don't need to be complicated and full of legal language. They can be straightforward and written in plain English. So you could easily draw one up if you feel you need one.

They tend to start biting when they are a bit older! Not biting now is no guarantee that you won't be ripped to bits when you get one home. Just be prepared for that - if you are thinking you've found a 'non biting' litter of Labrador puppies you are probably sadly mistaken! :)

Healthy, normal Labrador puppies bite humans for the first few weeks. A very rare few don't, but that's not normal!

3. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

So glad to hear your visit went well! Beautiful puppies! :)

4. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Yes, I still have scars all over my arms from Axel when he was a puppy :D:D

Very cute puppies!

5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

what a beautiful pup - good luck if you decide to go ahead.

6. TJB08

TJB08 Registered Users

Hi Julie...no I am well aware she will bite...not expecting a total not biter!! But Sammy didn't seem able to interact in anyway except biting... She didn't sniff or lick, she just constantly bit. Where as this puppy seemed to sniff and lick and explore in other ways too.

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

This is normal though. Betsy was 5 months old before I could pat her without incurring fresh wounds....

8. Granca

Granca Registered Users

I hope it all works out well for you. She looks a beautiful puppy.

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I'm glad it went so well. I'd second Julie in saying that you may well (probably will) have the same biting issues with this pup down the line, and in itself it isn't a sign of anything wrong with the pup. Just enjoy the not biting while it lasts! :D

Di (of Wylanbriar) isn't the breeder, is she? Just the owner of the stud?

10. TJB08

TJB08 Registered Users

That's right.

11. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Absolutely!

Mollie is the least bitey of my five - but she still does it! My most bitey pup was my first - Tatze, she's still all mouth when she greets us but has leaned to pick up a toy.

About ten weeks old is when the full crocapup emerges, and it's totally normal :)