Stray dog bite

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Jes72, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

My friend and work colleague was bitten by a dog this morning on her way to work.

As she was coming round the corner out of the station minding her own business looking at her phone a dog ran up and bit her on her thigh, two puncture marks through her lightweight trousers and punctured her skin. The dog ran off and bit another lady too. A man from a nearby coffee shop came to help her while the rest of London walked past one person even took out their phone to take a picture on the scene.

They called the police to report the incident. Work sent her straight to the local hospital for a tetanus injunction and for the wound to be checked and cleaned. She’s an animal lover and not afraid of dogs but was visibly shaken.

The dog belonged to a homeless man, so who knows what will happen to the poor dog. My friend is saying to herself that the dog will be rehired and given a better life but I think, we all think, the worst will happen and the poor thing will be put down.

The scary thing is that the dog gave no warning, no barking and wasn’t cornered in any way or protecting its owner, there was no food that it was after. There’s no obvious reason for the attack.

2. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

Oh no, that must have been terrifying for your friend and the other person. Sadly the same thing would happen here with people not caring and just walking past. I too hope for the best for the dog but I think you are right, it will probably be put down :(

3. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Poor dog might have been on drugs.

selina27 likes this.
  4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

That's what I thought. Also the living situations for street dog can he dangerous, very often them and their owners get threatened and attacked.
    Hope your colleague is ok xxx

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I hope she will feel better soon. Not a nice thing to happen to anyone.