struggling with kindle fire

Discussion in 'Technical & Help' started by hd, Jan 20, 2014.

1. hd

hd Registered Users

hi

just wanted to mention that i am struggling to log on using the kindle fire browser.

i can read and navigate around but cannot log on so obviously cannot post from it. basically the browser just 'hangs' in a permanent waiting pattern until it gives up and tells me to restart it. i do so and the problem just starts again. i get no error messages.

i humbly apologise for the total lack of concrete detail contained in this here post. i know it makes it very difficult to track and intercept whether it is the website that is causing it.

however, i do know that before the forum migrated the kindle worked fine with the website and in fairness to it, it works with the vast majority of sites. the pages render correctly, it just seems not to be able to log on.

if this isn't enough useful information i'll get my lovely husband to look at it and see whether he can see what's causing it.

I totally understand that for your web team this browser is used by such a teeny minority that it won't be worth much time being spent but just wanted to mention it.

thank you!

p.s. machine is a kindle fire hd. browser is called 'silk'. Flash doesn't work with it.

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: struggling with kindle fire

Don't have a kindle HD fire
    I have a simple eBook - I am trying to break it so I can upgrade, but......no success as yet.
    Stupid question, but I had trouble getting on with my android, but only because although I thought I had book-marked the new page, but I had mucked it up and actually hadn't changed it - duh!
    Good luck with it!

3. Lochan

Lochan Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Can't help with what's wrong but I'm using a kindle fire at the moment with silk and no problems at all logging on and using the site

4. hd

hd Registered Users

[quote author=Lochan link=topic=4134.msg48750#msg48750 date=1390251253]
    Can't help with what's wrong but I'm using a kindle fire at the moment with silk and no problems at all logging on and using the site
    [/quote]
    ooh, that sounds like it's me then. not unusual ;)

will get poor it savvy dh to find the patience to help me.