Successful 'high value' treats

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Widgeon, Feb 10, 2014.

1. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Successful 'high value' treats

Ohhh pop all your recipes in the recipe section....

new ones always welcome....and popular! With the dogs anyway :eek:

2. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

I've used the Banana Biscuits recipe . Basically you just keep adding flour till you get the right consistency. They dry out well in the cooker and store in an airtight box.

I made them as my toddler Grand-daughter wanted to give Molly a treat and my Vegan daughter wouldn't let her touch anything non-Vegan. Dog likes them, retires to 'her' step and has a good munch.

My husband had used Spam as fishing bait, perhaps the high salt content served as a deterrent to freshwater fish (or that would be his excuse).

The speed with which Labs down their grub it's amazing they can taste anythind

3. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

I just brought Amy some garlic sausage on a packet, looks like ham. Stinks, so think she likes it.

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I use kibble, or else cheese cubes. But I have recently discovered that for my mad retriever girl, a little mini dummy is a wonderful reward. She gets to carry it in her mouth when she has done something especially good. Zero calories!!!

5. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I find a tennis ball does the same :)

6. Jules

Jules Registered Users

I have a tube of squeezy cheese. You just take the lid off, give it a squizz and let the dog lick the cheese off the end. You can then pop the lid back on when you want to put the tube back in your pocket/bag and put it back in the fridge when you get home. You just have to remember not to make Hubby's sandwiches with it....Well not unless he's upset you, anyway ;) .

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

;D ;D ;D
    Wicked woman ;)

8. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Jules link=topic=4407.msg55425#msg55425 date=1392840765]
    I have a tube of squeezy cheese. You just take the lid off, give it a squizz and let the dog lick the cheese off the end. You can then pop the lid back on when you want to put the tube back in your pocket/bag and put it back in the fridge when you get home. You just have to remember not to make Hubby's sandwiches with it....Well not unless he's upset you, anyway ;) .
    [/quote]
    Ha ha ha! Mean!....it's a lean day in our house when Dexters chicken gets used for the sarnies ;)....only before it's cut up into little pieces...that would be going too far ;D the tubes of cheese of course upset Dexters tummy terribly but he copped on pretty quickly that a squeeze produced cheese.....so he would gently mouth on my hand as if to say squeeze the tube NOW!