Sudden death

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Oly, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

So very sorry

2. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

So sorry

3. Cooters Mom

Cooters Mom Registered Users

I’m sor sorry. Had your dog been to vet recently. I just lost my 2 1/2 year old last week. The common theme I see is that most of these dogs had just visited the vet. Now I’ve never been an anti vaxxer but there’s just too much coincidence in these stories. Mine had gotten vaccinated a couple weeks before and 24 hours before had been given Proheart 12 by the vet. The company that makes Proheart offered to pay for a necropsy but I don’t have the results yet. I am beyond heartbroken.

4. Chichou

Chichou Registered Users

Hi everybody.

I come to ask you guys if you got some answers from your terrible experiences and necropsies ?

Unfortunately I had the same story 2 weeks ago with my princess Pandora, 11 months old black female labrador.
    I was devastated by such an unexpected nightmare. She was happy, loving everybody, dogs and humans. She was in good health, eating a lot and playing and running.
    She was diagnosed with epilepsy 1 month prior to her death. She took treatment for one month and didn't have crisis since this time.
    Then unfortunately and suddenly, she died during her sleep.
    I found her in her bed in the morning. She looked like she was sleeping and not like she had a crisis.
    After several researches, I think it was more a congenital heart disease than epilepsy.

Today I am angry against several veterinaries we met, who didn't see or hear anything, and the guy to whom I bought my baby, who doesn't answer me anymore and who may reproduce some unhealthy labradors (with heart or epilepsy issues).

If you can bring me some answer and peace, would be nice.
    Thank you.

5. Edp

Edp Registered Users

It's really hard but until you get your necropsy report it is hard for anyone to respond. Heart defects that would cause sudden death are usually easy to hear on routine examination. More minor ones could be missed, but would be less likely to cause sudden death. Also, the reality is that you may never get an answer. Grief for the loss of pet is real and painful, be kind to yourself and try and remember the fun times. It does get easier, but you need time.