Suddenly peeing everywhere from overexcitement

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rdbrya1, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Rdbrya1

Rdbrya1 Registered Users

Im so bummed this started and hoping it ends soon. About 2 weeks ago my pup (4.5 months old) started peeing a lot when anyone comes over!! Of course I know he is just excited but I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else and then they outgrew it? I always take him out right before I know someone is coming but even if he just went the peeing just comes streaming. We just finished puppy obedience and he does amazing and we are working on no jumping. Holding him back from jumping only seems to make him pee more. Just hoping this "excited pee" isn't here to stay :(

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Many young dogs seem to go through a phase of excitement peeing. I don't know for sure but I guess it's possible that with the excitement they just forget about bladder control- it is something that is still relatively new for them :) . My girl went through a phase around 4 - 4.5 months but it quickly passed. So try not to worry or fret, it is quite common and should pass without any problems :)

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My puppies have never peed from excitement, until I visited the UK in October and Squidge peed (luckily outside) from the excitement of seeing her best boy Benson with @Beanwood and then all over @bbrown's kitchen when she met Riley and Obi!
    :$

drjs@5 likes this.
  4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

My neice’s Springer did this as a pup - he had to be greeted outside!

He grew out of it.

:)

5. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Molly did it a bit - my OH was still working when she was a puppy and she used to sometimes wee with excitement when he arrived home. My last dog did it quite often when we arrived home. If it was me I used to unlock the door and call him out to greet me in the garden.
    It won’t last long, I’m sure.

6. Rdbrya1

Rdbrya1 Registered Users

This is very comforting to hear!!!! I surely do appreciate the replies!! :)

7. Edp

Edp Registered Users

I have had 5 dogs various different breeds all have done it, males and females and all have grown out of it. :)