Teething

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Moka, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Moka

Moka Registered Users

Any tips on how to ease painful teeth? Our pups losing a bunch of teeth and you can tell they hurt. I've tried freezing wash cloths, any other tips?

CPTCrash likes this.
  2. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Hi I basically tried anything frozen - whole carrots, raw chicken wings, ice cubes. Bailey would also like to chew cardboard (or rip it to shreds!) I had some long inner tubes of wrapping paper and (from work) banqueting rolls which I cut into smaller lengths. Empty plastic bottles were another good chewing substitute for my arms! Good luck it will soon be over for both you and your pup.

EmmaHughes and Moka like this.
  3. CPTCrash

CPTCrash Registered Users

How long after losing his teeth do dogs usually get their adult teeth? Our Scout seems to be losing his teeth left and right.

4. Kobe

Kobe Registered Users

My pup is 16 weeks and last week he lost hus furst two bottom and first two top teeth. Within 24hrs the new tooth buds were visible, within 2 days they were halfway grown, and after 4 days they were full sized. I'm not sure all of them poke through that quickly but I was surprised the speed of it compared to humans.

5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

6. CPTCrash

CPTCrash Registered Users

That's about the same with Scout's teeth! We were afraid he run out of teeth before the other grew in but the adult teeth seem to be coming in very quickly.