Ten Puppies and Us

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Cath, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Tonight (27 July) on BBC2 at 8.00

New Series 1/4 This observational documentary follow ten young dogs and their new owners over the course of their crucial first few months together.

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I give it a good it will upset OH :D

3. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

I'll probably have a look but a few red flags for me when the blurb on the programme talks about a puppy being stubborn :(:mad:. There is another programme that I'm waiting for https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week32/teach-my-pet-do . This should be well worth a watch with Nando and Jo-Rosie :D:D

4. Cath

Cath Registered Users

That looks good

5. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Cath, thanks for head up, I hadn't seen that in the Radio Times 'cos I never look!

Cath likes this.
  6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

So did anyone watch it? I saw it and thought what a lovely life the Collie in the mountains looks set to have. The Spanish rescue also seems to have his feet under the table ( or rather on the sofa!) I was very irritated by the stupid behaviour of the family with the chihuahua and a bit sorry for the golden retriever- but I suppose the programme was bound to have been edited to show the worst parts.

I actually thought the voice over was quite good -sensible comments.

Granca and selina27 like this.
  7. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I enjoyed it too Joy. I agree with what you say. How lucky was the Spanish rescue dog and what a wonderful life the Collie will have in the mountains. I won't say what I think of the other too families, but I feel sorry for their dogs.

Joy and Stacia like this.
  8. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

My sentiments exactly @Cath.

Cath likes this.
  9. SwampDonkey

I liked the way the stressed the idea that it's a big change in your life big commiment etc. You can see which dogs stand a good chance and which ones are going to have a bad time. felt sorry for the gr too

selina27, Joy and Cath like this.
  10. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

I watched it - for cute puppies ;) The family with the Golden Retriever, I think it is their first dog and I think they (or should I say the mother) will get there - they seem to have gone in blind, with no research. She has discovered what a massive learning curve she has ahead of her, and surprise surprise, the children won't help! Hopefully she will get some professional help like the Chihuahua woman did - for all the good it did the silly girl.
    Just LOVED the Podenco cross. He was so funny with is garden escapes. He definitely has landed on his feet.

I wish they could all see how the others are doing - The Border Collie is an example to all of them.

Joy likes this.
  11. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Yes, I agree, I really am looking forward to seeing how the mountain rescue puppy progresses, a great life she will have indeed. And I found the Spanish rescue most endearing along with his owners! I just loved that he gave meaning to the man's retirement, at first I feared for their lovely home, but he seemed so well behaved given his background.
    As for the other two, well words fail me. But as already said it's television after all. Let's hope the family with GR discover positive reinforcement.
    And yes voice over was good, and did highlight that having a puppy isn't a bowl of cherries.

12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Very interesting programme, the Podenco cross was the highlight for me, I was quite dubious in the beginning when the youngster arrived with them, but their gentle doggedness (no pun intended...:) ) was heart warming :)

The collie pup, oh my! What's not to love? Enough content there for her very own programme! Match made in heaven those two! :)

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I assume the Podenco was a failed hunting dog? I was reading just this morning that Podencos can live 12-14 years, but generally don't reach 4 :(

14. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

They said he was 7 months and had spent most of his life in the rescue centre in Spain.

15. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I loved it.

The lady with the GR was clueless, I desperately wanted to send her a copy of the Happy Puppy Handbook.

He'll be fine, they'll muddle through :)

16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I love any TV with DOGS! I was slightly annoyed with the young girls getting a third Chihuahua as they hadn't thought it through. Like everyone else the clueless GR owner/children but I am sure they will be fine. Collies just don't do it for me but Jura is going to be doing a vital job so looking forward to seeing her progress. LOVE the little rescue and his now lovely life and the owners new lease of life :inlove: xx

17. charlie

charlie Registered Users

OOOOOOOOO now I definitely will be watching Nando :heart::inlove::heart::inlove::*:*:*:heart: xxxxx

Jojo83 likes this.
  18. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

He was found as a puppy in a bag of cement apparently.

19. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Don't forget its the second part tonight

20. SwampDonkey

Oh thank I had forgot :rolleyes: