The Cinnamon Trust

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Beanwood, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Just thought I would highlight this wonderful charity. They work with older people, through a network of volunteers help provide short and long term care for their pets whilst their owners are in hospital/ or residential care.

What a terrific idea. They have a map which shows where they currently need volunteer dog walkers.

http://www.cinnamon.org.uk/volunteers/

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That is great - I had heard of it but never looked - only one in Scotland, I guess it could do with a bit of publicity up here

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Great that you highlighted the wonderful work done by this organisation , they are so very good and a comfort to older people x

4. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

When we won the mobile photo competition this was where I asked for my donation to go :)

Oberon and selina27 like this.
  5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

What a good idea. I'll investigate more once we're settled in the house. Thanks Kate for the link.

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Thanks Kate - no volunteers needed near me, but I'll keep an eye on it. Would certainly volunteer - I'm not a great help when it comes to caring stuff, but I could certainly take a dog for a walk, and I'd be glad to do so.

7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

selina27 likes this.
  8. Joy

Joy Registered Users

There’s a flag very near me so I clicked on it -it’s cat care needed! (No thanks ;))