The greatest gift...

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Master Bowie, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Master Bowie

Master Bowie Registered Users

Bowie just turned two yesterday and we've gone through a lot in such a short amount of time - from us adjusting to each other life (physically and mentally) and lots of first-time experiences as he's our first pet dog, to dealing with his multiple injuries, cheeky antics and escapades. He's constantly testing our patience but we wouldn't swap him for another dog :D If I could speak a dog language, I'd like to say thank you to Bowie for showing us another kind of love, unconditional and full of compassion, and opening us to a new world where we've found friendships. Thank you for pushing mummy to keep learning to understand you. If I asked myself 'What's the greatest gift Bowie gave me?' - it would be having him makes me a better person and helps me to discover myself.

What's the greatest gift you dog has given you?

[​IMG]

Love Riesa & Bowie
    :heart:

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Hope and forgetting

3. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Both Duncan and Brogan were my home. Duncan taught me to walk again after I broke my back. Brogan got me through cancer treatment. Both gave me a reason to keep me putting one foot in front of the other. In short, they gave me everything.

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Dogs are storm anchors for sure.the honey amongst all that salt

5. Master Bowie

Master Bowie Registered Users

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Happy birthday Bowie. Harley has brought me:
    Unconditional love
    Understanding
    Makes me walk daily even if my body wants to give up

7. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

What a beautiful post - made me cry though :D Don't know I'd do without my two, they just give so much and are just honest no nonsense friends, what more can we ask?

8. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Oh this thread has made me cry too! I’m so glad the Pig came into our lives, although I she has caused me more worry than I thought possible, I can’t imagine my life without her and I love my little pigeroo more every day!

9. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Happy birthday Bowie you handsome lad :doug:

Master Bowie likes this.
  10. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Stanley has taught me to be less selfish and just to live in the moment more and not worry about the future.

No matter what has happened or how rubbish things feel a few fully body wags and cuddles with my big soft lad make the world right again.

He's also made me and OH feel like a complete family and brought us so much closer x

Master Bowie, Lara, CMartin and 2 others like this.
  11. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Happy Birthday Bowie....and yes, this thread made me tear up.....I love both my dogs so much and they have definitely made me a better person - more tolerant - more and more determined to give them the best lives possible, therefore looking after myself to make that possible. Getting Red last year, despite our early problems, has been the ‘icing on the cake’ for DH and me - she is such a joy.