The Mystery of the Disappearing Melon

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Granca, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Tuppence immediately covered me with apologetic licks when I let her out of her crate this morning, so I looked in her bed and found that she'd been a little bit sick, just melon pips and a few bits of melon. I then discovered that the tiled floor was sticky. She was bouncing around as usual, wanting her breakfast and showing no signs at all of discomfort, Wispa too was fine, no signs of sickness in her crate, wanting her usual morning tummy-rub before her breakfast.

i think a spare melon had been left on the worktop on Christmas Day, but who found it and when? I didn't notice anything when I put them to bed last night, Tuppy spent most of the evening on the sofa with me and both are shut in their crates at bedtime so that Tuppence doesn't disturb Wispa too early. Had Tuppence managed to undo her crate, take the melon and then shut her crate again? How had she managed to pick up a large melon? Did she really eat the whole thing or did she share it with Wispa? The mystery is still unsolved...

Beanwood likes this.
  2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

If only they could talk.....

Granca likes this.
  3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

hmmmm......the plot thickens..:)

Granca likes this.
  4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

LOL.

Granca likes this.
  5. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Needless to say, I've been inspecting poo while de-pooing the garden this morning. Plenty of melon seeds in last night's (frozen!) and this morning's, but without a DNA test...:confused:

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

That's a fair cop Tuppence! :D:D x

Granca likes this.
  7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hmm, Wispa woke me up by barking at 1.30am. There were melon seeds in whatever was in her crate - I'd rather not think what it was! She's fine this morning!

edzbird likes this.