The Seventh Month

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by JOHN SNYDER, Aug 9, 2019.

1. JOHN SNYDER

JOHN SNYDER Registered Users

7-month old spayed Lab is having more frequent accidents in home. Whereas she normally has one or 2 per week, she has now had them 5 days in a row. She is trained to ring the potty bells and has followed thru however now she’ll ring it and immediately pee on the floor. Also, we let her out at times and she returns only to pee on the living room floor. Last night we let her out and she seemed to be squatting over in the dark corner of the yard, returned, and minutes later peed all over our bed. There is also an ongoing behavior where she won’t go outside upon command and just sits there or hides under a table. Then when we get her outside, she’ll just sit on the porch. Her pee/poop tested out as normal.

2. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

You're going to need to go back to basics with toilet training. How did you train toilet training in the first place?

3. JOHN SNYDER

By the book.... crate, frequent visiits, accompanied her, rewarded. Now she's regressing. Yesterday at 3am she pooped in her crate. Ate breakfast & dinner and pooped again. Asked to be let out 20 minutes later and pooped yet again. At 10pm she went out and peed. An hour later she crapped the crate again. At some point during the night she crapped the crate for a third time.

4. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

She sounds upset and confused. Can you spend more time with her outdoors?

5. JOHN SNYDER

Today, she awakened and had no interest in drinking water or going out. It had been 10 hours since her last trip out and as soon as I asked her to go she went back and sat in the crate instead. I let her be another 90 minutes before I fed her and she drank a bunch but I still had to trick her to get to the door and then had to physically drag her out before she went to pee

6. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

Are you shutting her outside on her own? Do you take her for walks?

7. JOHN SNYDER

Today she's playing with her new toys and as I was in the office she strolled over to the back door and rang the bells for a poop. Couldn't ask for better behavior!!! It's like Jekyl/Hyde