There always seems to be something

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Atemas, May 22, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Thank you; it seemed to be a 24-hour thing, both are better today. How is Red doing?

2. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Aah that’s good :).

Red is fine, thank you. She seems to have bounced back :). Both dogs are laid at my feet - staring at me for their kongs - they have 40 minutes to wait!! :rolleyes:

Plum's mum, Granca, Naya and 3 others like this.
  3. MF

MF Registered Users

Did you hold out? Snowie manages to cut the time for his night snack shorter and shorter every night! I don’t have the strength to hold out when he places his head on my knee and looks up so sweetly, and then makes his head heavier and heavier on my knee - too darn cute. Or he goes to the glass door and looks longingly at his bowl and makes little cute barks. My husband says Snowie’s hobby is eating!

4. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

I try to :D but I gave in yesterday - it’s having both of them staring hard at me - weird. When we just had Sky, her afternoon meal got earlier and earlier because she would do the staring thing. If I got up to do something, she took that as a sign it was me going to get her food. She’d prance about joyfully and then sit and stare even harder if I had moved to do something else. Very powerful is their staring :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Sky’s hobby - like Snowie’s, is definitely eating.

MF likes this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My lot get their lunch around 1ish. Sometimes as late as 3 or 4. Today, they decided at 11:30 it was time. Shadow was in a perfect down position behind me, his stare boring into the back of my skull and occasionally letting out the most pitiful squeak.

I am a hard hearted monster that caved at 12:55.

Plum's mum likes this.
  6. MF

MF Registered Users

You’re made of sterner stuff than us! But you caved! You caved! Tomorrow it will be 12.50 cos those dogs will simply start at 11.25. They learn this on the Darg Web.

snowbunny likes this.
  7. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Well, I'm still a bit mean, because I caved enough to go to the kitchen, but then I started chopping and dicing to make them a pan of food for their meals over the next few days. So they didn't actually get their lunch until about 1:30. That'll learn 'em*.

*Not a chance.

MF likes this.