Time to say goodbye?

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by paulv66, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Sorry to hear about Molly. Enjoy the memories

2. michelmouse

michelmouse Registered Users

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know it's devastating. I have had to say goodbye to 2 labs, Lucy and Ricky. Lucy was the sweetest girl and she was a mom to my kids as well. She looked after them and would tattle on them when they were up to no good. Ricky was a few years younger and filled in as a puppy for Lucy since she had strong mother instincts but couldn't have her own pups. She passed from a tumor and I had to give the ok for them to stop the life saving efforts. It was the hardest thing. Ricky lived to be 15. He was a lot like your Molly in the end. Slow and hurting but still so loving and when you looked in his eyes you could still see the puppy in there. The decision to let him go was even harder. With Lucy it was a clear cut outcome, with Ricky it took a long time to let him go because I just wanted to try everything and anything because I was hoping for that miracle. I still wish almost 3 years later that there would have been something I could have done better, but, I have also come to a place where I know I did what was best for him in the end. I know you are hurting so much right now and that's ok, you need the time to grieve. Someday though, I promise you, all the good memories will take over and the times she made you laugh or the times she gave you love will be all you remember. My heart goes out to you and your family. Rest in Peace sweet Molly and if you see Lucy and Ricky over that rainbow bridge tell them I love them.

SwampDonkey and snowbunny like this.
  3. paulv66

paulv66 Registered Users

To be honest, I knew it was going to be difficult, but I didn't know quite how heart wrenching it was going to be. I'm consoled by the thought that we probably got the timing just right - not too soon while she still had a good quality of life, but not too late that she ended up suffering unnecessarily. I keep finding myself walking into her room expecting her to be lying on her couch.

Granca and Rosie like this.
  4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I am so very sorry to hear you lost your special Molly. You did the last kind thing for Molly. My thoughts are with you xxx

paulv66 likes this.
  5. AngelConradie

AngelConradie Registered Users

paulv66 likes this.
  6. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Ah Paul, so very sorry. Well done for giving her the final gentle gift - the hardest one of all. She knows she was loved.
    Run free Molly.

paulv66 likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh, I'm so sorry. That is very painful, I know. RIP dear Molly.

paulv66 likes this.
  8. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

Sorry for your loss. I re-read your thread and you've given Molly a fantastic home and have always put her interests first.

paulv66 likes this.
  9. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

So, so sorry, I really feel for you. x

Run free Molly. xxx

paulv66 likes this.
  10. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

I was just catching up and read the first update....then I saw it went further....I am so sorry for your loss! Even though you know you did the right thing it hurts! It takes time!

paulv66 likes this.