Tips for bathing puppies

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Raven12, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

Yup, and if you ask me, horse poop is downright delightful. What could be better than smelling like horses? :)

We vacationed on my Grandparents farm in summers and took the family dog with us. Teddy had a penchant for finding a fresh cow pie to roll in the morning of the day we were to begin the five hour drive home. A bath was out of the question. There was no running water, baths for people were labour intensive things to arrange. My Mum came up with a great solution. She'd sic Teddy on the barn swallows that used to torment him by dive bombing him. In the early morning with heavy dew the grasses and tall weeds were wet and as Teddy ran through them it was like a drive through car wash for our dog. The grasses not only removed the bits of cow poop stuck to his heavy coat, they also imparted a lovely scent, like hay and wildflowers and not enough wet to soak him. Ideal solution.

2. SHANDY

SHANDY Registered Users

Luckily I haven't yet experienced the delights of bringing home my pup, shandy, covered in fox poo, but several friends swear by a bit of tomato ketchup rubbed into the area and then rinsed off. Sounds horrible, as I actually hate the smell of ketchup, but apparently it totally neutralises the eau-de-foxpoo! Might be worth trying??