toilet training

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Celia, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Celia

Celia Registered Users

I've toilet trained Chestre since he was 2 months old to go outside by going with him. He's 7 months old now. I keep the back door open so that he can go when he likes but I'm worried that if the door is shut he won't let me know that he wants to go.

2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

We worried about this with Pongo. We went through all sorts of ideas....including trying to train him to ring a dangling bell when he wanted out (not a success...!).
    What we actually found was that it just wasn't a problem. By the age of 8 or 9 months he could go for many, many hours without a wee (we started calling him Mr Camel-bladder), and when he wanted out he just walked over to the door and gave us The Stare. There wasn't any problem figuring it out.
    I'd say...just try it, see what happens!

lucy@labforumHQ likes this.
  3. Terri norris

Terri norris Registered Users

My Nellie is the same ...just walks back and for once or twice then gives you the stare. However she does have a sensitive tum and I really have to watch what she eats in the way of treats. Christmas been a nightmare. With different timings for bed and getting up I am sorry to say there have been a few accidents at night time. She is 17 months and I am considering maybe giving her one meal midday tather than feeding twice at a.m and p.m.