Training/Recall Lead

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by lois, Jan 27, 2014.

1. lois

lois Registered Users

an anyone recommend a long training/recall lead but with a comfortable handle an easy to reign in thanks

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: Training/Recall Lead

I have one with a nice padded handle.
    Unfortunately, I think the handle defeats the purpose of it.
    The idea (if I'm not mistaken) is that you just let the line mostly trail on the ground, possibly with some knots in it so you can stand on the rope/line to arrest a going AWOL session (hence the preference for harness rather than collar with it)
    My nice one with a handle was too heavy and the handle kept getting caught :-[
    I then went out and bought some cheap blue lightweight rope from Homebase ::)

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I have a webbing ancol line. The handle isn't comfy but I think jacqui is right, you let it run on the ground a lot so you don't want it to catch.

4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

We did the same as Jac, a 150 ft rope attached to a front fastening harness and Charlie very, very rarely gets to the end as we recall him well in advance. It would be pretty dangerous for you and your dog to attach any length of line to a collar just incase she spotted something and could take you with her and cause herself and you damage :eek: