Twiglet - Guide Dog Puppy

Discussion in 'Labradors in Service' started by Boogie, Jul 7, 2015.

1. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

What a gorgeous pair of girls, all snuggled up together :D:D:D

2. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Twiglet has grown! How have those Teddies survived? I mean it. Maybe I should try Chepi with a Teddy.
    Well, they look lovely together. :)

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Yes - Tatze the anything eater never eats teddies (well, she ate the ears of hers but he's otherwise intact :rolleyes:)

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

They are just gorgeous.

5. Granca

Granca Registered Users

They look great! Another lovely photo...!

6. Boogie

Twiglet is 12 weeks old tomorrow, the time has flown!

We go for two training walks a day now, one for walking and one for sitting and watching the world go by. She's such a good girl during these sessions, you'd think she was twice her age.

In the evening she turns into a total nutcase lunatic crocapup - but she's such fun too, we end up laughing our socks off at her antics! Neither Tatze nor Gypsy had the 'wall of death' bum tucking zoomies anything like Twiglet does :)

Here she is at the garden centre today practicing 'sit' 'down' and 'wait'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

She is a gorgeous girl, and doing so well, which is also down to your training and work with her :D

8. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah she's gorgeous ...are you finding training different/ easier second time round ? X

9. Boogie

Very different.

Twiglet has a totally different character. She is really laid back and happy to do whatever we are doing. She is a super-wagger, her tail never stops! Gypsy was fiesty and cheeky, always pushing the boundaries and questioning. She didn't wag when happy she rubbed up to you like a cat. She liked nothing better than a long grooming session.

Twiglet is soooo food orientated, I have had to really follow the training instructions so as not to get her reliant on treats for obedience while still rewarding her well. Gypsy would had a 'take it or leave it' attitude to food, so praise worked better for her. Twiglet seems to say 'never mind "good girl" where's the food??/!!'

Twiglet is LOOOOOPY in the evenings! She does the crazy crocapup bum tucking zoomies for ages. I tried training at zoomy time but she does all the training perfectly then does the zoomies afterwards!

She's such fun 'tho, I love it - best job in the world :) :) ('till they have to go to school then it's utter heartbreak)

10. Boogie

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ " There may be trouble ahead!!" ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

[​IMG]

11. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Ha ha, bit of a wriggle and I'll be out :D:D:D

12. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Ha, ha! The great escape! Fascinating to hear about how different she is in character from Gypsy.

13. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Seriously? You've had it! Did Tatze alert you and grass her up? And there you were a few posts back saying it was Gypsy that was the feisty onepushkng boundaries!
    Really interesting reading the differences you have experienced ,I guess most people have quite a gap between their puppies but in the role you have there is that faster turnover and exposure to puppies....you have the opportunity to experience their different personalities in a shorter period of time x

14. Boogie

That's it! Twiglet can now climb out at will. So the pen is down and she has a Big Girl's Bed in the utility room (Tatze still has a crate as she refused to be de-crated)

No wees last night - hurrah!!

Dexter - Twiglet is very unlike Gypsy still. Gypsy was up front and fiesty cheeky 'why should I?' Twiglet is a little angel when Mummy's watching then quietly gets on with naughiness when I'm not looking. (apart from the crocapup times, but I'm not counting them!)

I suspect I have a VERY clever girl on my hands lol!

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

HaHa - you ain't keeping me in a pen, human! Sweet girl. :)

16. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Well done on achieving freedom Twiglet :D:D:D

17. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Such a little doll :)

18. Boogie

Lookout :)

[​IMG]

19. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

:) she is a beauty...I suspect reading your posts she is really going to be a clever girl...hoping all her energy can go into training! It is really fascinating to read her journey, and compare how diferent she is to Gypsy :)

20. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

She is so big already!