Two raised bumps?

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by 20180815, May 16, 2017.

1. 20180815

20180815 Guest

My lab has two hard pimple-like bumps on the inside of his rear leg close to his abdomen, close together - any ideas what this might be? They don't look infected or angry, they blend in with his skin and are really only noticeable by touch. Could it be an insect bite? They're each about the size of a small pea. Not sure if this is a case for the vets or a simple thing that will go away on its own.

Bad timing as it's hard to get to the vets at the moment with my sprained ankle, and my OH is away at work and doesn't get home in time for office hours :/ Is it a wait and see kind of thing? I could take him to the vets this weekend if needed.

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I think it's best to get the vet to look at the lumps but I think it'd be fine to wait till the weekend. With any luck they will have gone away by then.

Most lumps are absolutely nothing but it's hard to tell just by looking at them so it's always wise to get them checked.

FayRose and Karen like this.
  3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Most likely bites , but I would always check any lump with the Vet , better to be safe x

4. 20180815

20180815 Guest

Thank you both, will keep an eye on them. Hoping they'll go away on their own but if not, will take him to the vet.

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I agree lumps should be checked by your vet. Hattie had one a couple of years ago that needed removing. xx

6. Plum's mum

Plum's mum Registered Users

Plum had a lump a few months ago, hard, small and round. I looked it up on the interweb and the image it looked closest to was potentially worrying. However, she didn't react when I touched it and wasn't licking or playing with it so I decided to give it a few days figuring if it was something serious a few days wouldn't do any harm and it cleared up, of its own accord, very quickly.

7. 20180815

20180815 Guest

I noticed a few more smaller ones down his back legs. I'm thinking they're likely insect bites since there are several of them, but I wonder what insect? Regardless I'm keeping an eye on them and will take him to the vet this weekend if they're not gone by then.