Typical !!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Typical !!

Photos please of the play date! X

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Kate in control of little and large on Seaton beach. Lizzie looking on and chuckling :)

Looking forward to adding Millie to this picture next time. Perhaps she'll stop Riley from stealing Sam's tennis ball.

[​IMG]

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh my goodness, what the heck do I look like, certainly not my better side Barbara, but a nice one of the dogs ;D ;D

4. bbrown

I'm afraid my choice was limited, your pose was similar in the few photos I took as you were determined the dogs would sit nicely for their beach shots ;D

I promise to do a better job of photos next time !

5. Dexter

Now Riley this is what you'll look like when you are all grown up!......

Lovely picture....of everybody x

6. bbrown

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=1803.msg17231#msg17231 date=1374053513]
    Now Riley this is what you'll look like when you are all grown up!......

Lovely picture....of everybody x
    [/quote]

Sadly for Riley I think that's as big as he'll get ;D he's two now so a weaner he will stay. It was funny how similar they looked it's just Sam was XL and Riley was S/M. Sometimes I think he'd give Lady a run for the title of Small Black Dog but she definitely had first dibs.

7. Dexter

Oh Barbara,I didn't realize he was that old.......I should have done because I must have read his age so many times in intros,post etc.....wow!That is totally amazing isn't it.....one breed but such variation,they are both gorgeous x

8. kateincornwall

In fairness to all the others , Sam is big , I mean really big, not just long legged but big boned, large head and chest, so he tends to dwarf the more normal sized Labs, I`ve even been asked if he had some Great Dane in him :eek:

9. bbrown

And then of course there's not just the difference in size but in build (if that makes sense as a different attribute...)

This is Riley at about 5 months with my in-laws dog who's a complete unit !

[​IMG]

and one of Monty on his own.....he's an absolute sweetheart with a heart of gold but boy is he broad :)

[​IMG]

10. kateincornwall

Gorgeous photos , Monty looks a lot like Sam , bless little Riley, he is lovely :)

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh I love these pictures of Little and Large, Kate you look great stop worrying. A great time was obviously had by all at the beach including lovely Lizzie bless her ;D Helen xx

12. bbrown

You wouldn't say that if you saw him standing up and side on Kate - he's big! :D
    But not fat just solid. I think Sam is much leggier with a more slimline body shape, like a supersized Riley with a bit more breadth.

Monty comes from a working kennel but I think he looks like he has some show type in him. Lovely boy, loves a cuddle :)

13. bbrown

You're right Helen. Lizzie particularly enjoyed climbing all over the table in the cafe to go and see Paul ;D

14. kateincornwall

Oh bless her, that was a lovely game for Lizzie , Paul is particuarly good with little ones , on his level I guess ;D

15. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

All great photos. So amazing to see the comparisons. They vary hugely, but so do us humans.

All beautiful dogs :)

16. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

oh what lovely photos....kate you look very much in control..... :)oh dear you have said it from day one kate,that my jasper is going to be like sam, at what age did he reach that size ?.......more photos please

17. bbrown

Monty's not as tall as Sam but a solid 35kgs, he got to that size somewhere between 18 moths and two years. I think Riley stopped growing about 18 months with maybe a tiny growth spurt just before 2 years. I thought he'd get a little broader as he matured but he only filled out a little.

18. kateincornwall

Sam stopped growing at about 18 months , but has put more muscle on , he weighs 37 kilos now and his weight seems to have been stable for two or three month now , thank goodness :)

19. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

oh my life,......jasper is 7 month tomorrow, he is very big, my sister as not been for 3 weeks, she came yesterday, she could not believe the size of him,......kate i know my vet said he will be around 38 kgs , that being at 9 week old, also you said the same,......how could you tell ? ....when my son goes to the vets on saturday will tell him to get him weighed,......i will try and measure his hight, last time i measured his height i think he was about 19 inch.......

20. Dexter

Riley looks like a black Dexter.....I think hes only small too.He was 24.5 kgs 2 weeks ago but he's not tall,and he's lean.I must measure him.Monty is a beauty,what a bruiser!Now I want him in my team for the UAE Grass Skiing International!ha ha ha!