Update to Corona's never ending saga

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by jeanine, Dec 13, 2016.

1. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

Thinking of you and all the exhaustion and worry this is causing you! Hope things improve quickly now. X

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Poor, poor Corona, I hope she recovers quickly. What a worrying time for you but glad she had a better night. xx

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Oh gosh, hadn't seen this thread before - hope you are both getting a bit more back to normal x

4. Deb - Archie's Human

Deb - Archie's Human Registered Users

I'm so sorry to hear of all this trouble you and Corona are having. Archie and I are sending lots of healing vibes your way and are very hopeful that Corona is on the mend soon.

jeanine likes this.
  5. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

How is Corona today? Is she continuing to improve?

6. jeanine

jeanine Registered Users

Thanks for asking. Had a bit of a worry last evening when she vomited her entire dinner up within 20 minutes of eating but she seems fine today. Eating, drinking and being a busy puppy. She was crated for about 4 hours yesterday so we could attend a family Christmas party and ate her dinner much later than usual and may have been a little too excited to eat. In hindsight, I should have fed half before leaving and half later. I've started to change her over to a chicken free diet (I had to stop when all this happened and keep her on the GI (chicken based) until things settled down.) I'm still convinced that she doesn't do great on chicken, she seems to be scratching her ears and pawing her eyes more than usual, and we've started smelling the telltale signs of anal glands again the last few days. I'm praying super hard that no infections are coming back. On the bright side, normal poops, no foam!

MF likes this.
  7. xxryu139xx

xxryu139xx Registered Users

i usually give Sparky 30 mins alone time after his meal. Stopped the vomiting of food mostly from inhaling it.

I'm curious, what is the tell tale smell of anal glands?

8. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

What a run you have had ,poor Corona,poor you guys .....You are probably right about the dinner coming back up ,she probably did wolf it down with excite and her tummy lining must still be sensitive although thankfully it sounds like the mess are taking care of that very well.
    Here's hoping for a lovely Christmas for you free from dog related scares x

jeanine likes this.
  9. jeanine

jeanine Registered Users

You are extremely lucky that you don't know the smell! It smells like dead fish and a very small amount will linger for hours. It's disgusting.

10. xxryu139xx

I do smell fish on occasion but coming from his mouth. I thought it was from when he is losing his baby teeth. I haven't seen him scoot yet except when he slides backwards on the slippery kitchen floor when he sits.

11. jeanine

jeanine Registered Users

I know the smell you are speaking of. Corona is also teething and her mouth doesn't always smell so good. Trust me when I say, that if your pup expresses his/her anal glands, you will be wondering what that horrid smell is and where it's coming from!

xxryu139xx likes this.
  12. MF

MF Registered Users

If he licks his anus you might well be smelling anal glands.

13. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I'm glad she's getter better. Hopefully you will be able to have a nice Xmas x

jeanine likes this.
  14. xxryu139xx

i suppose you are right!

MF likes this.