Vaccinations

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by MrsS, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Like the others I need the actual vaccination to satisfy my dog club and day care. Even if I didn't though I don't see much risk with vaccinations and would just go ahead and have them, especially now that it's not an automatic annual regime for everything. Nothing wrong with titreing though if that's what people want to do. It just creates a potential extra step in the process (eg you may do the titre test and then find you still need the vaccine anyway).

2. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Good point Rachael. As humans we just have the booster vaccination without titre tests (except for your tuberculosis vaccine I believe) so I don't really see it an issue to do the same with dogs. Definitely not an issue to test first either though ☺

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I don't think vaccines are dangerous, I'm a big fan of vaccines. But, as WSAVA says "good scientific data on the prevalence of vaccine reactions in man and animals simply does not exist." And since titre tests are cheap (at least where I live), I'd rather Charlie had just what he needs rather than anything more.

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

For me, no, not a consideration. It's a legal requirement here to have dogs vaccinated annually against rabies, parvo, lepto and CD. We have no choice in the matter.

If I had a choice, I would research and make my mind up as to what I was most comfortable with, but since the decision is taken out of our hands, there's not really much point worrying about it!