Vomitting vet visit turned to er with renal failure and Lyme, please help me help her

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Saved2Serve, Jan 16, 2023.

?

Have you used alternative meds to treat Lyme?

1. Rso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cbd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Saved2Serve

Saved2Serve Registered Users

Hi! Zoey is our black Labrador.. she was a rescue. When we got her she had barely had any fur. Literally. Her owner left her tied to a tree and no food. She had one plastic water bowl that was her toy. She chewed it and carried it with her for a year after I took her in. Lol
    She came into my life when I never thought I could care for another living thing. I was homeless and addicted to meth. But we both were unwanted and we bonded on day one and she never left my side. We slept in my car together. We moved up in life together. I got her coat so thick. She showed me unconditional love and joy.
    She has anxiety so I thought that’s why she had been acting off. I miscarried so I’ve been depressed. Maybe she was feeding off of my distress. Started to vomit here and there to almost daily. Took her to the vet wondering if it were something she ate.
    Nope. X ray came back clear. But her numbers didn’t. I’ll post a pic of those.
    but she seemed to be anemic. With a possible infection. And renal failure. Acute

took her to er vet and had her hospitalized and I’ve fluids antibiotics and nausea meds. her bp got up second day so we picked her up better meds like vet asked from Walgreens and we took them to her. She seemed worse. NOT better. Just before this new bp meds. She had started a diff one. Dr stated that her numbers were positively going down a little. Her bp was down too but not as much as she had hoped. Then new meds. Now her #s spiked worse than when we first took her to the vet and her limbs were swelling she was weaker and not eating. But vet said to keep her on bp meds. We’ve been doing that. Took her back a weekend later and she checked numbers. Said they are not better. She’s still acting like she’s happy just super tired and I have to chop up her food and mix with liquid to get her to eat. She acts
    Like she distrusts us. She’s so stubborn. She is intense and intelligent about swallowing but using her tongue to grasp the pill and hide it and now waits for us to walk away to spit them out and hide under blankets. Which our other dog has now caught onto and actually started to eat them when she spits them out

I need help. She is weak and losing weight. I think she’d do so much better if she would just eat. She will sometimes if we walk out but she acts like her mouth bothers her or like it all tastes like pills. I’m lost. But I refuse to give up. She still can eat and drinks a ton of water. Goes out to eat and drink. She loves on me. But this not eating much is worrying me. She also had a uti we found out and possible ear infection. Which all seems to be cleared up. I stopped heart medication bc it made her vomit bright yellow stuff and she stopped swelling up too.