Waiting for September

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Dill, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Welcome from me and Sky and Red in North Cambridgeshire.

Dill likes this.
  2. Dill

Dill Registered Users

Thanks for the welcome... and I love that photo you’ve used as your avatar - I can just imagine the chaos when Sky and Red have a romp, though I’m sure they are angels when you need them to be

3. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Welcome from me, Wispa (6) and Tuppence (4). Dilly looks lovely! A labxcollie will keep you on your toes!

I’ve travelled to and from Scotland from Kent with young puppies and it’s been ok - they’ve mainly slept through the journey. Perhaps your daughter could get her used to car travel before September. July and August are going to seem long months for you this year!

Dill likes this.
  4. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Thank you. Sky (11) did not take well to a puppy coming into the house last year - basically she wouldn’t have anything to do with Red - it was very hard work and took several months. The photo was the first time, Sky allowed Red in her bed and she has such a look of victory/acceptance/‘I was here first’ - makes me smile.

Granca and selina27 like this.
  5. Dill

Dill Registered Users

@Granca Thanks for the welcome - my goodness, you've also got your hands full with a smart mix of black and gold (or is that red?). I gather that a further drive out to the vets and back was achieved without incident so hopefully she'll get more practice and when I get there I've got a week to familiarise her with my car and crate before the big drive/ferry/drive.

Granca likes this.
  6. Dill

Dill Registered Users

That must have been a day for a huge sigh of relief as I guess that was the sign of true acceptance!

7. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

It was indeed @Dill - took 5 months altogether - not a good time - really thought we’d made the biggest mistake of our lives. They are happily together all the time and whilst Sky is generally rather aloof, there are plenty of signs they care about each other :).

Dill likes this.
  8. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Welcome from me and my big boy Pongo in south Wales!
    Our family home is in south west Scotland so I know it well. Hope your journey goes OK - when we picked Pongo up we had a three hour trip, and the poor little pup didn't have a good time (sick, wee-ed, and poo-ed). We had loads of newspaper in the car so we could get rid of it any time it got soiled, so at least he didn't have to smell it all the way. But even though it was a rough trip for him, he was completely fine as soon as we got him home, happy and sniffing around, and he has never been put off the car....so even if the trip is difficult don't worry, just get to the end of it and start your new life together!
    Exciting times....looking forward to hearing about your adventures

Dill and selina27 like this.
  9. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to you both from Fred (4), Annie (2) and me here in Cheshire.
    Beautiful puppy.

Dill likes this.
  10. Dill

Dill Registered Users

Many thanks for your welcoming post and the encouraging words about the journey to come. I am SO looking forward to it and shall be armed with Pippa’s books (Happy Puppy and Total Recall) so that I can draw on the wisdom there. I think the internet is pretty poor where I’ll be staying but hope it’ll be good enough to get on this forum for further tips!

11. Dill

Dill Registered Users

Thanks Cath - Your two splendid labs look pretty content with each other - was it tricky when you first introduced Annie into the family mix?

12. Cath

Cath Registered Users

No Fred was a Star and took to Annie straight away. We were very lucky, but Fred is a gentle dog. They love each other and are always together now.

selina27 likes this.
  13. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Welcome to the forum :)
    It will all come flooding back! Looking forward to hearing about your adventure in a few weeks time!

Dill likes this.
  14. Dill

Dill Registered Users

Apologies for not acknowledging your encouragement and welcome sooner but much appreciated, as is the great website and your books which have been my homework for the past weeks. Only about 3 weeks to go till I meet Dilly - I get reports of her from time to time and, at 4+ months, she seems to be coming on really well.

selina27 likes this.