Walking difficulties

Discussion in 'Senior Labradors' started by Atemas, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Sky has just had her Lepto4 booster at the vets. She is 25.6kg - I am pleased she is maintaining her optimum weight and shows how weighing her food is important. The vet nurse commented on how well she looks - she does :).

Joy, selina27, SwampDonkey and 3 others like this.
  2. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Sky had her medication review today - she is on Rheumocam for arthritis in her front legs. She has been very stiff recently and refused a few early morning walks but then opted for the lunch time one. We let her decide.

Firstly she was weighed and I was so pleased - she is 25.5kg - her optimum weight. Vet thought she looked great - her weight and her glossy coat. She has advised we ‘up’ the dose of Rheumocam and told me what she can add to that in the future should she need more pain relief.

Sky enjoyed her trip to the vets - she was quite nosey in the waiting room as they have bags of food displayed. The receptionist was amused at her sniffing around and said ‘typical labrador’. In the vet’s room, she enjoyed the fuss the vet gave her plus a few treats.

Anyway we monitor the effects of arthritis carefully. I too have very bad arthritis in my knees although elsewhere too - I find it very debilitating but stay determined to keep active and rise above it. Sky doesn’t make a fuss yet I know she is in pain - she is very stalwart. Lovely girl :).