Walks

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Sven, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Hi,

This will sound a bit of most probably...

Does anyone ever think that their dog gets bored of the same walking place?
    We do plenty of things on the walk, but every morning is alway the same place due to time restraint.

Just thinking how us we think of repetition depending on if we enjoy it and the outcome...

Just a random thought

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I certainly think new places are more exciting, but I don't think that necessarily means that the dogs get bored going back to the same place. Especially if you're playing with them a lot. Walking with the dogs isn't just about the environment you do it in, it's the chance for them to spend quality time interacting with their human :)

Sven likes this.
  3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

It depends on the dog.

Some really thrive on routine and going to the same places every day. Bruce, now a Guide Dog, is one of these so he's been matched with an owner who has a very set routine and job which stays the same every day. Gypsy loved variety so her owner is a person who goes here there and everywhere.

:)

Sven and drjs@5 like this.
  4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

It may be the same to us, but I would put my money on it being different entirely to our dogs.
    "Checking the pee-mails" and all that :)

Sven and charlie like this.
  5. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

You can also do the same walk but start at the end you normally finish at, e.g. do the walk backwards!

Sven likes this.
  6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hattie gets walked in all different places but I do favour one particular walk, but I would say she does not get bored so long as she has me to throw a ball a few times, hide behind trees, do a little training and have me in sight :)

Charlie couldn't care less so long as he can RUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! :D xx

Plum's mum and Sven like this.
  7. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

I get bored of the same walk and want to change it up, but I think Quinn's favourite walk is the boring old park near us...because there might be a chance of fetch! We honestly go there twice a day sometimes and she's always very excited.

Plum's mum and Sven like this.
  8. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Haha I think Ella's the same!

QuinnM15 likes this.
  9. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

My dogs fav is the field trails near me. All the dogs have loved it the room to roam together in a relaxed natural way. It floods too then it's heaven. Generations of swampdonkies have fell in the silty mucky water and galloped up the streams. Its peaceful we can be idiots together.

edzbird and Sven like this.
  10. Sven

Sven Registered Users

I get it as it does depend on the dog and what we do with them.
    I was just bored on the commute home and thought about it.
    I think for them the best bit is to be with us and vice a versa.

SwampDonkey likes this.
  11. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I definitely get bored of the same walks, so I assume that Xena gets bored too, but I know that's just me projecting! I do a variety over the course of the week for my own sanity but that's because I don't work, so I'm making the most of it while I can.

Sven likes this.
  12. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Coco doesn't seem to get bored - we keep engaged and he appears keen, but he's much more sniff sniff in new places, which makes him look like he's more excited/interested. I think it's just a different type of enjoyment. We humans don't see the world like they do, so we can easily get bored of the same old walk - I must admit though, I don't. I see different things every single time I go out. I love to notice the seasons. I love to notice the little things as well as the big. I am a huge fan of nature, and there's lots to see.

Sven likes this.