Warts in mouth?

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by JenBainbridge, Dec 17, 2016.

1. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Stanley has some black lumps in his mouth. They look like warts - has anyone else's dog had this?

They don't seem to be bothering him and he's fine in himself.

Sorry about the rubbish pic, it's hard trying to get a photo inside a dogs mouth :D

[​IMG]

2. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Not sure if it's the same.. Baxter has a row of little lumps at either side of his mouth, soft and normal. If your unsure and your worried just get them checked out rather than worrying. Here's a photo of Baxter's lol he was wondering what i was doing :wasntme:

rsz_mouth.jpg

JenBainbridge likes this.
  3. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Not sure if it's the same thing, and I can't remember what it was called exactly, but Brogan got warts on his mouth (more like on his lips) when he was about 10 months old. I took him to the vet and it turns out it was kind of like doggie STDs, though no "S" involved. She said they can get it from playing with other dogs that are also infected. I can't remember if she gave me medication for him or not, but we had to have no contact with other dogs during a few weeks until he wasn't contagious anymore. I remember that very well as we had a puppy play date with his littermates planned and I was really disappointed not to be able to go. I don't know if that's what Stanley has, but maybe go and have your vet have a look just in case?

Baxter's pic looks like those normal dog mouth lumps they all seem to have. No idea why or what they are called Cute chockie snoot, though. :)

JenBainbridge and Bruer like this.
  4. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Echo what @Emily_BabbelHund said re stds - apparently most puppies that go to daycare will get these warts at some point, as immune systems aren't as developed. Check with your vet - my friend's dog got them but haven't had it with Quinn.

JenBainbridge likes this.
  5. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Thanks everyone :)

I gave the vets a ring and they said as he's not in any pain to bring him in one day next week and just keep an eye on them.

Hopefully just something simple - he does go to doggy day care so there's a good chance he could have gotten something off another dog.

Emily_BabbelHund likes this.
  6. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

If it's what Brogan had, it was not painful or dangerous at all. Just a bit funny looking for a while until it went away, but no harm done. :)

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I think what people are referring to is oral papillomas. I don't know if this is what is shown in the pictures - I haven't had a dog suffer from them, but know a couple of young dogs who did.