Watering can -- fantastic for bathing!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by MF, Feb 9, 2017.

1. MF

MF Registered Users

Thanks to @SwampDonkey for the idea of a watering can for washing Snowie.

Snowie hates the hosepipe and he won't come in the shower cos he knows water will spray out. He loves water, just not the spraying kind. (And we don't have a bath in our house.)

He's been particularly smelly of late and his back has been incredibly itchy. Very unusual spot for him to be itchy (he is a itchy dog, but never on the back), but I think it became irritated when I used a soap I bought at the vets on him and wasn't able to wash it out thoroughly because he refused to stand still for the hosepipe and raced around the garden at top speed to avoid it. Thinking that it was bought at the vets and must be safe, I thought: a little bit of residue can't be too bad. How wrong I was! Untold itchiness, twisting around and chewing where he could. This poor boy was begging for his back to be scratched, came up alongside me at any opportunity, looking at his back, and wagging madly and deliriously when I scratched it.

Today was the day for a bath. Husband armed with treats and a firm hold on the collar. Out came the watering can and a nice slow stream of water to rinse off ALL the shampoo. AMAZING!! Look, Snowie would certainly not stand still all by himself, but this was a far cry from the racehorse we've seen when the hosepipe comes out. He LOVED his bath! Loved having the shampoo massaged into his back, and was not stressed by the watering can when I rinsed him. (And so much LESS water used than with a hosepipe.)

Now he is totally relaxed and fast asleep, fresh and clean, and I bet itch-free for now. Let's hope it lasts!

THANK YOU @SwampDonkey!!!!!!!!

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

ooh what a simple idea! :)

MF likes this.
  3. MF

MF Registered Users

I know, isn't it?! And so effective!

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I'm a simple soul:rolleyes:

Debs, MF and Beanwood like this.
  5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I've been a watering can user for years. I fill it up with hot water and leave it in the boot room so by the time I get back 1 1/2 - 2 hours later it's lovely and warm for a nice feet wash,
    Hattie's not mine!! :D x

MF likes this.
  6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I put mine in the car and take it on holiday I get strange looks

charlie likes this.