Week 6 of obedience

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by alschwahn, Jan 17, 2018.

1. alschwahn

alschwahn Registered Users

Well last night was week 6 of our obedience classes. We have gotten a lot of great tips and tricks and learned a lot over the last few weeks. Our trainer is awesome and always gushes over Aspen and how handsome he is :D He also really likes her flat coated retriever named Peak!

Here are some quick snaps of him from last night, when we practiced staying in 5 different places while mom & dad walked away/around.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our trainer kept saying how Aspen looks like her grew into a big dog overnight, which is funny because when I was with him yesterday I felt the same way. He is slowly losing his puppy face and growing into a big boy. :(

2. Me and my dog

Me and my dog Registered Users

He's cute:) So sounds likes its worth it to go. I haven't taken Pearl to anything... How does it go with (I know each training group is prob. a bit different) what you had already trained Aspen? Did they help strength your training? Hey I wanted to ask you how Aspen's doing with loose lead walking?(I do have a post up about this) Do you have any suggestions? I've quite enjoyed taking Pearl on some nice bush walks off lead...:)

3. Me and my dog

Me and my dog Registered Users

It would be really cool if we lived nearby and our pups could actually meet and become friends!

4. alschwahn

alschwahn Registered Users

@Me and my dog They have taught us a lot of basic things, and much of it I had briefly worked on with him at home. We have been taught things like staying when at the door (so they don't run into traffic) a touch game called "bop", tricks, and settling when you aren't interacting. I really enjoy it because she focuses on rewarding the behavior you want and the fact that dogs only do things that are in their best interest which is a good reminder for me when Aspen is being a stinker. It has been really nice going because I feel like my boyfriend's bond with Aspen has strengthened and its really great to see Aspen nail a new trick/technique. As for the loose lead walking, I'll be honest - we don't really practice it much! Where I live, many of the trails we would like to bring him to don't allow dogs. But for now, Aspen does pull quite a bit on the leash, but when we do do things on the leash, I do my best to make sure I'm the coolest thing in the world! Maybe this summer we will practice that more. But even now, its so cold for walks! And yes, I really do wish we lived nearby so we could have playdates! I still think its pretty cool that Pearl and Aspen are so close in age. How is she doing? Any recent photos? How big is she now?