Weekend Firsts and Changes

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by alschwahn, Sep 11, 2017.

1. alschwahn

alschwahn Registered Users

Over the weekend, I could tell that Aspen has grown so much in maturity over the last 2 weeks. He is growing to like snuggling a little more which I am so excited about! He actually slept in my bed with me for 3 hours one night which was very sweet.

He is also much better on car rides. We have a gate that keeps him in the trunk and now he will just lay down and sleep or play with his toys. He can do 2-3 hour car rides no problem!

On a bad note, he did get stung by a hornet for the first (and hopefully last) time ever. Poor boy tired to lay down on the driveway and must have laid right on a hornet. He was fidgeting in an odd way and started trying to bite at his right arm, and that's when I saw the hornet. I got the stinger and venom sac out and kept an eye on the swelling. I felt so bad that I went and got him some new toys! I think I was more scared than he was though.

Not only that, but I thought we had a final distemper shot so I brought him to the vet. The vet told me there was a mix up in the computers so he didn't actually need a shot! So we basically just got a free weigh-in. He weighs 17 kilos!

I think 4 months with him is going to be one of my favorite stages. Now onto those 6-8 month stages..:cwl:

Sven, Joy, Naya and 3 others like this.
  2. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

So nice to read how well things are going - and three hours snuggling too!! Didn't like reading about the hornet sting - hope Aspen is OK after that experience, sure the new toys cheered him up!

Keep up the good work - it will be worth it promise :)

alschwahn likes this.
  3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Ouch, poor boy getting stung. Good that you got it out quickly and I'm sure he appreciated the new toys!

alschwahn likes this.
  4. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Lovely to read how well it's going.

alschwahn likes this.
  5. Joeythelab

Joeythelab Registered Users

Glad that you are enjoying your time with Aspen! My lab is 17 weeks and I am honestly loving my time with him and seeing his personality come out!

I would have reacted exactly the same with the hornet sting-seems like it bothers us more than our pups :Do_O

alschwahn likes this.
  6. alschwahn

alschwahn Registered Users

I brought Aspen to the vet again today to get vaccinated for kennel cough as there is an outbreak in my city..he weighs 18 kilos now! All that weight gain within a matter of 3 days o_O