Weight at 6 months (American or English)

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by alschwahn, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Neil

Neil Registered Users

Just by chance my lad has been to the vets this week for his annual boosters, so i have his health card to hand.. He has just turned 3 years and 3 months and currently weighs in at 38.7 kg, he is a big muscular unit not an ounce of fat. We are out walking/training between 3 - 5 miles daily with some additional swimming when we go to the lake The vet was pleased with his condition. According to his record card he was 5.8 kg at 12 weeks, 9 kg at 15 weeks, 32 kg at 16 months, he was 40 kg at 28 months, when at that time, i took advice from the vet and took more care in the measurement of his food - resulting in his current weight.

selina27 and alschwahn like this.
  2. alschwahn

alschwahn Registered Users

@kateincornwall Wow that's awesome! Did you have to teach him loose lead walking? I can't imagine 80+ pounds of lab dragging me around!

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Aspen is just gorgeous xx

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

He was a nightmare as a youngster , dragging me around our village . I actually discovered that to take him out early evening , when it was dark , was the ideal time for lead training because they were far fewer distractions ! It seemed to take forever, but then the penny dropped , thank goodness ! x

selina27 likes this.
  5. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

All this is amazing! My little girl (!) was 8.5kg at 8 weeks, 10.5kg at 12 weeks. She was, believe it or not , the smallest in the litter, although she comes from a family with the show type heads but they work. She was 32kg at 13 months, but now at 18 months she's 27.8kg, the vet says now is just right. She's bigger than the litter sister that was bigger than her at 8 weeks but still smaller than her 2 litter brothers.

6. alschwahn

alschwahn Registered Users