Welcome to the forums: please click 'Post New Thread' to say hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by pippa@labforumHQ, May 11, 2011.

1. Vero

Vero Registered Users

Hello everyone, my name is Vero. We have an almost 8 week old chocolate puppy. She is beautiful :) We are more than excited to have her in our home, even though having a puppy is more work than having a baby :p I’m hoping I can get more information on weight gain in puppies. She’s about 8.8 lbs. very active and loves to cuddle.

2. Giancarlo t

Giancarlo t Registered Users

Hello everyone,

My name is Giancarlo I am just a new owner of 2 months black Labrador called Sami and I will be very happy to join the forum to share experiences.

3. Nick Hodgkinson

Nick Hodgkinson Registered Users

Good Morning

new member Nick

been with black labs all my life until recent disability issues means i cannot responsibly own a lab and give it the exercise required

but i have a hell of a lot of very amusing tales of lab ownership - hope my ex wives and partners are not on the forum!!

Liz Pudney likes this.
  4. Sheila Clay

Sheila Clay Registered Users

Hello my name is Sheila. I just got a black lab about a week ago. She is 13 weeks old. My 2 sisters bought her for me when I had to put my red heeler down that I had for 11 years. This puppy is driving me nuts. I have bandaids from my fingers all up my arms. I find it impossible to do any kind of training. Just doing sit. I can't even pet her or love on her. She tears things up. She even takes a regular size pillow out the doggie door. She won't go out at night to do do her business even if I go out with her and believe me my house is all lit up outside as I'm a widow and I am only 66. She terrorizes my 12 year old Chihuahua so I have had to put her in my bed. I read the article on when do puppies stop biting. I thought it best to wait till she was a little older to start training. I even signed up at Petsmart but personally I think that is a joke and I am waiting for the trainer to come back to get my money back. Honestly I don't believe in buying dogs when there are so many in pounds that need to be saved but this is what my sisters wanted to do. I have come here for advice about her training, biting, and doing her business outside at night. I could also use some advice about her tearing everything up. One sister sent some bitter apple spray which does nothing and the other said use hot sauce which helps in some cases. It keeps her from chewing my oxygen tubing. But some boxes I have on the floor which I have sprayed with both has done nothing. I have no where to put these boxes. I have had to move a lot of things around. I can't even leave my shoes on the floor at night when I go to bed. I'm not going to get rid of her just because I can't do anything with her and my arms are covered in bite marks. I don't believe in that. I have rescued a lot of dogs. I just don't know what to do. I sit and cry. I have a puppy I can't love on or even pet. Thank you for hearing me out.

5. Colettedeann

Colettedeann Registered Users

Hi I am Colette and we will be having a lovely yellow Labrador join us in a few weeks when she is old enough to leave her mom and siblings I have been doing loads of research as have always had German Shepherds as an adult although we had an awesome black Labrador when I was a kid. Looking forward to finding out more about Labs in next 4 weeks before she arrives.

6. lovinglabs

lovinglabs Registered Users

Hello! We are still searching for our lab puppy. If anyone has had a great experience with a breeder in the southern new england area I'd love to hear about it.
    Looking forward to learning from everyone!