1. The wonderful world of puppies starts here
  2. Find answers to your puppy questions below
  3. Click here for more information

Welcome to the puppies board

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by editor, Aug 28, 2011.

1. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Hi and welcome to the forum from me and my little lad Stanley!

Did your vet say why they wouldn't do the vaccinations?

I'd say it's dependent on where you live and how you feel about it.

Where I live there's very few foxes and certainly never any in the garden. So I took Stanley out in the garden (although he had his first injections). But if I'd lived somewhere with a lot of foxes getting in the garden I may have been more cautious as they can carry parvo. I guess it's a personal choice as whether you're willing to take the risk. Even though, chances are, everything would be fine.

Now can we have a puppy name and some pics please :D:D

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

We have foxes but I let Molly in the garden - it would have driven me insane keeping her in for 4 weeks. I suppose there is some risk but I think you have to balance that against the difficulty of keeping a puppy confined to the house.

3. Happyhayleysinging

Happyhayleysinging Registered Users

Hi Jen, We've decided to call her Luna - Ive managed to upload a photo to my profile account but can't seem to upload others - I will have to have a look at the technical advice!!

4. Happyhayleysinging

Happyhayleysinging Registered Users

Photos of our girl Luna
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joy and drjs@5 like this.
  5. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Ohhh she's adorable :inlove:

6. Boogie

Boogie Moderator

Perfect :heart:

7. nvanblarcom

nvanblarcom Registered Users

Good day to all!

Me and my SO have recently picked up our chocolate lab puppy, Cooper, and have begun the wonderful life of being puppy parents. He is 9 weeks old and we have started to crate train him right off the bat when we got back to our home. The first night was the worst...howling, crying, whining. The whole kitten kaboodle. I understand we aren't supposed to go comfort him or let him out during this as it reinforces bad behavior, however, there is only so much we can take/allow considering we live in an apartment building and our neighbors won't be pleased if it persists for long. We have not let him out during these little fits, neither I or my SO lay next to his crate until he calms down. Neither of us has had to raise a puppy so young so we are both pretty new to the crate training process. What I would love to know is tips or tricks that others have used to ensure your little guy/girl sleeps soundly at night and doesn't whine and cry when being crated at night. I have heard of these toys that mimic their mothers' heartbeat to soothe them. Does anyone know if these work? Is this all just a part of the process and I will just need to be patient with him until he learns to like his crate?