What can I say.?

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by SwampDonkey, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Yup. Moo has broken the internet.
    Go Moo.
    xxx

2. Jazzmynn

Jazzmynn Registered Users

:heart:Oh Swampy, what a hard read this was this morning. Thinking of you and sending huge hugs. I will raise a glass to Moo tonight. Run free Moo....

3. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

So sorry Swampy, you gave each other everything. Big hugs, and love to Rory.

4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

So very sorry @SwampDonkey You were there for each other, nothing is more special. Sleep easy lovely Moo. :hug::hug: to all of you and Rory. xx

5. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Registered Users

Oh Swampdonkey, I am so incredibly heartsore for your loss but I am also revelling and celebrating the :star:FABULOUS:star: life of Moo. She came alive to me whenever you spoke of her, it was like I knew her. Her cheek and michievious ways outlining a larger than life personality. And the way she thrived is testament to how you allowed her to be her full, glorious self.
    I am so grateful that I have been on this forum for long enough to count myself as one of Empress Moo's subjects. Such a fiesty type comes but once in a lifetime. Thank you for sharing her with us. It is said that if you want to be immortal, be the love of a writer. For all of us, all the people and animals on this forum are immortal. I am so sure Moo loves the idea of that, it makes her a bit of a cheeky superhero. All my love.

6. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Dear Moo , you gave us all some laughs , and will be missed but your Mum did the bravest kindest act for you . I am so very sorry Swampy , sending love and hugs xxxxx

Cath likes this.
  7. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Oh Swampy this just made me cry at work and I had to pretend I had something in my eye. I honestly think you were the best dog mum to that little imp and you gave her such a wonderful life. Thinking of you now! Xxx

8. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

It was the best, all of it just the best:)

9. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Sleep well Moo the Magnificent.

10. MF

MF Registered Users

@SwampDonkey I am so very sorry for your loss of your darling Moo. I am thinking of you and sending you much love. It has been such a difficult time for you and her. She was very lucky to have you by her side throughout.

11. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Hugs from here. The tiny girl leaves a big hole behind. :(

12. SwampDonkey

I've seen lots of dog people today who knew her. They were all sad but it always ended up with us laughing and them say oh i remember when she did that or this. It was nice everyone has such fond memories of her. Everyone agreed she was an absolute devil and that they were glad she wasn't their dog.

FayRose, snowbunny, Granca and 19 others like this.
  13. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Only just seen this. So sorry to read the news, she was a huge character and will be sorely missed by everyone.

Sleep well Moo. xxx

14. WoodWoman

WoodWoman Registered Users

So sorry to hear about Moo. Sleep well Moo.

15. SwampDonkey

Oh keeps saying she was just so small when we were at the vets just tiny. I had to tell him she was tiny but she always seemed bigger somehow.:)

Rosie, Karen, Hollysdad and 1 other person like this.
  16. MF

MF Registered Users

How big was she? In stature I mean. I know how big her personality was!

17. Candy

Candy Registered Users

How big/small was she, Swampy? I'm interested because we always say how small Joy is (16.5 kilos, 27 inches from tip of snuffly nose to base of waggly tail and 18 inches from floor to shoulder). She's a year old now and I think unlikely to get much bigger. I have always loved your stories of Moo the Magnificent's cleverness and ....well.....magnificence, and understood that she was small. When I realised that Joy had probably stopped growing and that we had that rare thing, a dainty Labrador, I started to wonder how she compared to Moo in size. Hope you're all coping at this difficult time. I do admire what you did for Moo and you remain in my thoughts. Joy would like to send special wags and licks to Rory.

18. SwampDonkey

Firstly Rory would love that:D
    She stopped growing early she eventually was under 19 inch shoulder and about the size of a big springer. She was in perfect proportion except for her extra short tail and her fighting weight was at fully adult between 22 and 23kg. She was very well muscled but tiny. She was about a 3rd of the size of my large male lab Doug.so much smaller than other labs but I have over the years seen some other wee ones:)

19. Candy

Candy Registered Users

Thanks for that.She has yet to develop more muscle I'm sure, and this will fill her out and increase her weight a bit. I don't mind her being small, infact I really like the way she will come and sit on my lap when invited and it's actually not suffocating. (We do this after lunch. I read, she watches the bird table, then we both snooze for about 15 minutes.) She is also very graceful. I have a friend who's convinced she's destined to be a ballerina! So, probably similar in size to Empress Moo then, but more inclined to the Arts than World Domination. (Although with the potential to be a little bit of a Prima Donna at times!)

20. SwampDonkey

I liked her being small she was easy to carry around if she got hurt out walking, to me her size was ideal:)
    World domination was her goal she wanted things her way. If there were thistles in the grass she would refuse to walk and I had to carry her over them.my friend was saying yesterday that she was proud that Moo acknowledge her presence and delirious with pride when she threw a ball and Moo went and fetched it. she ignored everyone she had no use for and used to make me giggle because she totally blanked those annoying people who go, little dog come here all dogs love me etc,. She would cut em dead with whisk of her little tail. Just such a funny little thing. She wouldn't be into the arts you're right she preferred being a pirate.

kateincornwall, Candy, Sven and 9 others like this.