What could my dog have? X-ray came back abnormal

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by pianoplaya94, Oct 17, 2018.

1. pianoplaya94

pianoplaya94 Registered Users

I have a puppy who just turned 1. He just got neutered today and while he was under we asked them to do another X-ray. When he was about 5 months old, he started limping. The limp was EXTREMELY minor and barely noticeable. The vet didn't notice anything on the x-ray at the time. Then his limp went away so we thought he grew out of it. But over the past month or so, he doesn't limp usually, but after a lot of exercise he will limp pretty severely for a few hours. So this X-ray of his elbow found some "bony pathology" so was sent to a radiologist. The vet also found some fluid in his elbow and drained it and sent it to the lab. We will probably find out what's going on in the next day or so, but I can't wait. What are your opinions?

2. Chewies_mum

Chewies_mum Registered Users

There's really not enough to go on. Basically the possible bone abnormality and joint effusion can be caused by a wide range of things.

I would sit tight and wait to hear from the radiologist and lab because it really isn't possible to narrow it down. I hope the results are positive when they do come through! Let us know how it all goes.