What does your puppy do that makes you fall in love a little bit more?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lemmys mum, Oct 22, 2014.

1. lemmys mum

lemmys mum Registered Users

I know we all love our gorgeous bundles of squidgy pups to bits, but what is the one thing that makes you go all soft and want
    to hug them?
    With Lemmy its when in evening even if he seems fast asleep on sofa next to me and I can go into kitchen or upstairs and when I turn around he will be sat behind me yawning bleary eyed or sat at bottom of stairs looking up with look of total love and devotion till I return to sofa and he can resume sleeping next to me. :)

2. Julie1962

Julie1962 Registered Users

Re: What does your puppy do that makes you fall in love a little bit more?

When she cuddles up to Betty Chihuahua and they sleep together, looks so cute !

3. David

David Registered Users

When my 5 year old pup looks me right in the eye, then pins my hand with her paw and licks it.

4. Sophie-Bum

Sophie-Bum Registered Users

When she snuggles on my feet while I'm cooking or washing up. Not sure how that's going to work when she's 12 months old but for now it makes up for all the times she's 'attacked' me ;)

5. lemmys mum

[quote author=Sophie-Bum link=topic=8416.msg118969#msg118969 date=1413971423]
    When she snuggles on my feet while I'm cooking or washing up. Not sure how that's going to work when she's 12 months old but for now it makes up for all the times she's 'attacked' me ;)
    [/quote]
    My Mums ancient lab still does this bless think you learn to move from knees up. Lol. Brilliant replies so far although isn't it funny how we all said sleepy calm pups, not mad eyed bum running bin scrounging crocadog moments ;)

6. Sophie-Bum

Sophie-Bum Registered Users

[quote author=lemmys mum link=topic=8416.msg118972#msg118972 date=1413971642]
    [quote author=Sophie-Bum link=topic=8416.msg118969#msg118969 date=1413971423]
    [/quote]
    My Mums ancient lab still does this bless think you learn to move from knees up. Lol. Brilliant replies so far although isn't it funny how we all said sleepy calm pups, not mad eyed bum running bin scrounging crocadog moments ;)
    [/quote]

Haha, isn't that the case with kids too? Sleepy calm boy + sleepy calm pup = happy mum :)

7. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

When he does that squirmy-wriggle in his sleep and ends up flat on his back, all four paws in different directions, head lolling back and tip of tongue showing, still fast asleep. Cute when he was a little puppy, but even cuter now he is a big monster of 10 months!

8. David

David Registered Users

Yes - lovely when they do that.

9. Incastinker

Incastinker Registered Users

I love how happy she is to see me every time I come back to her - whether it's when I come down to her first thing in the morning, or when I've been out of the house for an hour. Sooooo endearing! She must know it helps to ensure I never want to leave her!

10. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

The welcome when I get home from work. For about five minutes she's torn between wagging, rolling over for a tummy rub, bringing me a toy and fetching my slippers.

11. lemmys mum

[quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=8416.msg118998#msg118998 date=1413975591]
    The welcome when I get home from work. For about five minutes she's torn between wagging, rolling over for a tummy rub, bringing me a toy and fetching my slippers.
    [/quote]
    I love that complete overload of reactions too can see them trying to do everything and the sheer joy is so amazing .
    If you watch some of the soldiers coming back from tours and dogs reactions it makes you realize how much they know they are adored. :)

12. Julie1962

Just thought of another when we go to bed we all clean our teeth and as soon as Elsie could reach the bathroom basin she puckered up waiting her turn. So cute she loves having her teeth cleaned along with the humans and so different to the fight to get Betty to have hers done !

13. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Everything!

She's just the best pupster (5 months old) ;D When I pick her up to put her in the car she always snuggles into my neck and she's 16Kg now!

But she's a 'foster puppy' and will be leaving me in June or July. :'(

[​IMG]

14. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

When I pick Bob up he nuzzles his chin into my chest under my cardigan... really pushes hard against my skin and looks up at me... it's SO cute! I just look down at these big black eyes looking at me!

Lou x

15. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I have 3 things:
    1) when I get in bed she waits until I'm settled then will snuggle up to me with her head on my tummy :)
    2) when I come home from work she is sooooooo excited to see me
    3) when I give her a bone - the look on her face is amazing :)

16. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

Sleeping ;)

17. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

With Jack its when he rolls on his back for a belly rub whenever i go to stroke him, putting his paw round my hand to keep it there :D with Barney, its when he suckles my fingers and falls asleep like a baby sucking a dummy ;D

And together its when i have a puppy asleep either side of me on the sofa with their heads in my lap - heaven :heart:

Lou x

18. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Everything. From his bounce on my head good morning, mugging of the postman, crazy gallop round the beach, sit on my head "it's time for a walk, mum", total over excitement because it's chew time...my boy loves life, and makes me smile every second I spend with him.

19. lemmys mum

:) I love this thread it makes just having them all the more special coz I know we all have them little moments when your heart could burst. X

20. Julie1962

And another LOL when she wags her tail and her whole body wags with it, the wiggle waggles we call it and anything can cause it from one of us coming home to a little liver treat. Mrs Wiggle Waggles we have started calling her.