What food? SENSITIVE TUMMY

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by GoldenlabZola, Dec 20, 2020.

1. GoldenlabZola

GoldenlabZola Registered Users

Hi everyone. Sorry I’m advance for the long post.

Looking for advice and wondering if anyone has any good food suggestions.

My 6 month old lab has been on CSJ Little Champ since I brought her home. She had a parasite which I can’t remember the name of and had pretty awful diahorrea for around 2 weeks after coming home. She was treated with panacur, pro biotics and then antibiotics and given Royal Canin GI food because it wouldn’t clear up. Has been pretty good since then. On and off the occasional bit of loose stool. Just normal ish puppy stuff I think.

Just over a week okay she ended up with again watery foul smelling green/yellow diahorrea. My instant reaction was the same parasite is back. Popped her along to the vet who gave us panacur and probiotics. It wasn’t clearing up. So back we went (on first name basis with the vet now) and she was given the royal canin GI food and antibiotics (again) and they’ve sent her stool sample off.

I gave her just the GI food to start to let her tummy rest cause the vet said her tummy seemed a little tender. I started then mixing her kibble back in because she was hungry. Poo was okay again until today when we only had a small bit of GI food to mix in and more kibble.

I feel her food is no longer agreeing with her and the vet suggested before switching to something for a sensitive tums once the loose stools had cleared up.

Was looking for suggestions on food for sensitive tummys please?

She seems well in her self. Loving to play and go to the park and chase her ball. Just don’t want to keep having this. Worried she’s not getting the right nutrients to grow and things.

Thanks to anyone who get back to me