What to do with poo!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by nicky, May 9, 2016.

1. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Hi all.

I have Luna who is now just over 6 months. We've yet to have her over summer and I'm finding things are becoming a little bit smelly now that the warm weather is with us. Our bins are collected every two weeks, so by the end of the second week, our very sophisticated poo bin (a plastic box with a lid!) is starting to become smelly!

How do you all manage to keep you garden clean and smelling like roses?

Nicky

2. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

WE compost it. The compost is 5' w x 8' l x 5' h. It doesn't smell. We have a good sized yard. Plus Oban prefers to do his toilet on a walk, down the trail, well off to the side of it in the bush or tall grass where I can leave it.

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Well I have to admit to using the "public" bin or specific dog poo bins if out on a walk, and for the "in garden" poops, just do a poop round prior to bin day - they are less smelly after leaving for a bit to pick up anyway. Lilly does mainly keep to one area.
    I do suspect my OH secretes it in the compost bin with the grass clippings which he should NOT do, but who can tell their OH's off for a misdemeanours successfully? I certainly can't!

4. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

We pick up as we go and put in nappy sacs if in the garden, these all go in an open top bag and then put in rubbish bin on day of collection. No smell behind the shed where we keep them. Out and about its dog poop bags and public bin if there is one or carry it home.

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Dog poop bags all the time whether out for a walk, and deposited in a bin if available, or in the garden. At home poop is scooped straight away using a poop bag and deposited in a small bin we have in the garden which has a bin liner. On bin day we just remove the bin liner and poop it into the rubbish bin. I also use the dog poop bags for the cat poop in their litter tray.

6. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

I use a Plastic bucket with a tight lid in the back yard. It has a tough plastic bag liner. I pick up poo with a rake/scoop combo and dump it directly in the bucket. I only empty it about every two weeks. With two labs we have quite a bit to dispose of, but two weeks doesn't half fill it. There is no odor, except when I open the lid.

The small bags we use on walks, normally go directly into our garbage bin.

7. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

When out its poo bags and dog bins, at home we have a little drain at the gate which goes directly to the outside drains. OH put a a little rope handle on so we just lift the lid and put it down there. :poop:

8. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

all poo is bagged, tied and binned. If it's in our garden, it goes into our wheelie bin which is collected once a fortnight. On a walk it goes into a litter bin or poo bin...or is brought home to go in the wheelie bin. No smell.

9. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I bag poos and bin them immediately, we have wheelie bins, so no smell at all.

:poop::poop::dogpoo:

10. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I do a poo pick up every couple of days. I use a plastic bag and just put the bag straight into the wheelie bin. Our bin gets collected weekly and with a dog an a baby, I'm sure the majority of our rubbish is poo! :poop::poop:

bbrown, Lin and drjs@5 like this.
  11. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

pick it up and bag it when ever its dropped even in the garden. I have no sense of smell so its ok.

12. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Thanks all. We (well, I!) pick up most of the poo's pretty quickly at home and put them in "the box". I was thinking there might be a more sophisticated bin around. :)