When did your pup start teething?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by alschwahn, Aug 8, 2017.

1. alschwahn

alschwahn Registered Users

I know everyone's pup is different, but I am curious to see when your guy's pups started the stink penny breath and non-stop chewing.

Aspen is nearing 15 weeks - I know its a bit too soon for teething - but I am looking forward to his baby shark teeth coming out! However, I am not looking forward to him being uncomfortable.

2. Spencerboy

Spencerboy Registered Users

I think Spencer started losing his around the 20 weeks mark. His came out slowly and by another 4 weeks all puppy teeth were gone. Breath back to normal thank goodness! Caught him chewing on a few of them occasionally and took them from him to save. Don't know why I saved them, just hate to throw them away!
    Yes, it's good to be rid of the shark teeth!!

alschwahn likes this.
  3. alschwahn

I will probably save a couple of Aspen's as well...even though you don't miss the teeth you miss the cute puppy face they once belonged to :) I hope his come out sooner than later! Although he is seeming to learn biteinhibition sloooowly...I am hoping those grown up teeth will help with the nipping!

4. Spencerboy

It will cut down on the nipping! But not the need to chew!! Recently, Spencer has been pulling some siding off the back porch and I have caught him scraping his teeth against the glass on the front door!!
    Here's something sort of funny, I have been sleeping downstairs in the guest room with the pups at night since we brought them home(don't want them using the stairs yet afraid of playing and falling down) anyway I woke up one night to Sydney scraping her puppy teeth on the stone fireplace hearth! Thought OMG, she's sharpening her shark teeth!! Yikes!

alschwahn likes this.
  5. Lfm

Lfm Registered Users

Mabel lost her first two at 17 weeks, and now at 18 weeks she has lost four and another one is ready to go! Once they start they all go so fast!!

6. alschwahn

Is 17 weeks still considered pretty early?

7. Lfm

Lfm Registered Users

Yeah, I'd say so. All of my other pups started at around 4.5 months, so you may well still have a while to go!

8. Lozzz31

Lozzz31 Registered Users

Do they get stinky breath when they're teething then?

9. Lfm

Lfm Registered Users

I think it just depends on the dog! Mabel's breath has been fine so far, but our now ten year old black lab's was horrendous!!

alschwahn likes this.
  10. alschwahn

Some! I babysat my sisters pup when he was about 5 months old and teething. Personally I wouldn't call it stinky breath, I'd call it gross :eek: Just because of the blood from teething, their mouths smell like copper. Some people are really bothered by it, some aren't. I personally hate it!

11. Snowy

Snowy Registered Users

A couple of small teeth were missing at 19 weeks, but the bigger ones starting coming out at 21 weeks.

alschwahn likes this.
  12. Mom2girls1974

Mom2girls1974 Registered Users

16.5 weeks and teething full on here, I think he has lost almost all his front teeth. Went to the vet this morning for his last set of shots and he was very happy with it all, so I would say he was right on target :)

alschwahn likes this.
  13. alschwahn

Aspen has begun losing his teeth! Two incisors on the top gone and two incisors on the bottom gone. So stinkin' cute!

Spencerboy likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Merlin is just five months old and has most of his new teeth, but the middle teeth are coming in right now, making chewing very difficult and uncomfortable for him. Doesn't seem to stop him trying though... He still has his baby canine teeth. Looks very odd!

alschwahn likes this.
  15. Spencerboy

Hooray, shark teeth on the way out!!!!!!!

alschwahn likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Found this on the floor yesterday! Then about an hour later -ping!- another one dropped on to the floor too! And now the big canines are poking out at the bottom, next to the milk teeth... Poor boy, it must be most uncomfortable!

IMG_2333.JPG

17. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I shall add it to my collection - I have milk teeth from my children and from all my other dogs!

alschwahn likes this.
  18. alschwahn

So so itty bitty! I hope I can find a couple of Aspen's teeth. The odd things parents do :)

19. Plum's mum

Plum's mum Registered Users

It's amazing what you forget @Spencerboy. My pup used to do just this on my stone hearth, it worried the life out of me for her little (needle-like) teeth! I can't remember when she stopped doing it, probably when she was 4-5 months .

20. Jacqueline Mckendrick

Jacqueline Mckendrick Penny and me

Penny my yellow lab is only 14wks and has lost a couple top and bottom baby ones i didnt even realise they were out ..and yeah like you i cant wait for needles to all come out x

alschwahn likes this.